Aqua Card - Web services down or just me?

Options
I'm currently in the US, which they know about, but since last night I've not been able to log into my Aqua account. The error keeps happening at different stages so I can't work out if it's just occurring for me or if it's a problem for everyone. They give me an 0845 number which being out of the country is naturally useless to me.

Typically I'm about to head out on a trip and I was ready to clear out about £350 of my account because it's payday for me today and now I have absolutely no idea if my card is even going to work the next time I swipe it...

Error message varies but generally as follows:
Unexpected error

Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred and we can't continue servicing your account online at this time.

Please contact aqua customer services on 0845 601 0436 for further assistance. Lines are open 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm Saturday and 10am to 6pm on Sundays. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor or record phone calls. Call charges will apply. Please check with your service provider.

Anyone else having problems?

(Luckily SayNoTo0845.com has an alternative number I might be able to ring, but still annoying that they don't provide this for international customers).

Comments

• thebritishbloke
    Options
    Some finance companies completely block access to their websites if you're out of the UK. Best option would be to sign up to a cheap VPN service and VPN in to the UK to login.
    Credit 'Score' - Don't buy the credit 'score' that Experian, Equifax and Noddle want to sell you. It's an arbitrary number that means nothing when it comes to applying for credit.

ALWAYS HAVE A DIRECT DEBIT SET UP FOR THE MINIMUM PAYMENT ON YOUR CREDIT CARDS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU PLAN TO LOGIN AND PAY EACH MONTH.
  • Voltron
    Voltron Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's been working in every country I've been in and I've been in the US for 6 days and only now is causing a problem.

Managed to get it running on my phone at least, which sometimes seems to be the answer to these questions despite being on the same network (no cell service). So at least I've managed to pay off the balance. Just got to wait for some of the more recent payments to turn up on the transaction list now. Something at least!
  • xkpa
    xkpa Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    Voltron wrote: »
    It's been working in every country I've been in and I've been in the US for 6 days and only now is causing a problem.

Managed to get it running on my phone at least, which sometimes seems to be the answer to these questions despite being on the same network (no cell service). So at least I've managed to pay off the balance. Just got to wait for some of the more recent payments to turn up on the transaction list now. Something at least!

I was having issues with Aqua website today too. Managed to get it to work in Incognito mode or delete the browser cache/cookies, then you will be able to login.
  • Voltron
    Voltron Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Ah that's perfect, working fine now. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure