IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help with G24 Invoice/Fine

Options
Hi All

First time posting but long time reader.

I need assistance with regards to an invoice from G24, received on the 12 Sept 2014 (issue date is 8 Sept), the invoice details that I exceeded the 2hr parking limited at Homebase in Leicester by 25 minutes.

The thing is I had hired the Hertz 24/7 van, which was located in the Homebase parking are, for 2 hours and a bit and had left my vehicle in the same area. The time stamps are correct and I hhave an invoice from Hertz confirming the hiring times.

I have read through the NEWBIE forum and want to go back to Homebase and see if they can scrap it but not sure if I have a leg to stand on as I had been using the Hertz van and not shopping in Homebase.

Any assistance getting out of this will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Anesh

Comments

• Dee140157
    Dee140157 Posts: 2,864 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Read newbie thread (see my signature ) and just appeal.
    If Hertz share car park with Homebase then go in to Hertz and complain.
    Newbie thread: go to the top of this page and find these words: Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Click on words Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Newbie thread is the first post. Blue New Thread button is just above it to left.
  • anesh_2
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for responding..
    Just an update I went to Homebase and they sorted it out for me. I took along the invoice and a copy of the invoice from hertz which detailed the date and time the vehicle was hired.

The charge has been waived glad that was sorted out..
  • Dee140157
    Dee140157 Posts: 2,864 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Successful complaints rule again. By far and away the easiest. Make sure you have it in writing though in case the PPC follow it up.
    Newbie thread: go to the top of this page and find these words: Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Click on words Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Newbie thread is the first post. Blue New Thread button is just above it to left.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure