MBNA/mastercard payment error

Options
Hi there
looking for some guidance please
Yesterday I went to pay my MBNA mastercard a payment of £270 which came up declined so I tried again and was also declined.
Then 2 payments of £270 has since come out of my current account. I spoke with MBNA yesterday who told me that there was an issue with mastercard and the money should re-appear today.

It hasnt.

I called MBNA today who said it was a fault of my bank.

I then called my bank who said that my current account is showing 2 payments to MBNA and I need to speak to MBNA.

So I called back to be told that they didnt know when the money would be put back as they are investigating and there is nothing they can do.
I'm down £540!
When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was read the party line that they weren't available.

Where do i stand ?
any advise warmly received
thanks in advance

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I assume this was a debit card payment using the MBNA system rather than a FP transfer from your bank account. If so it is the usual case of them each blaming each other but in reality there is no telling whose system is at fault but the only ones that can release the hold on the funds are MBNA and without any manual intervention by them the money will be held for up to 7 - 10 days but it will still be in your account. There is not a lot that you can do but keep on at MBNA to get it released.
  • gillyd
    gillyd Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Finally spoke to a complaints guy last night who said the money wouldnt go over till at least monday and theyt have put the £540 back into my account " as a good will gesture" and I wont pay any interest this month.
    nightmare.
    will be clearing that credit card at the end of the moment and closing it. No confidence that they can control their systems
    thanks for the reply!
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    just use fast pay never once had an issue
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • vns
    vns Posts: 183 Forumite
    Options
    gillyd wrote: »
    Hi there
    looking for some guidance please
    Yesterday I went to pay my MBNA mastercard a payment of £270 which came up declined so I tried again and was also declined.
    Then 2 payments of £270 has since come out of my current account. I spoke with MBNA yesterday who told me that there was an issue with mastercard and the money should re-appear today.

It hasnt.

I called MBNA today who said it was a fault of my bank.

I then called my bank who said that my current account is showing 2 payments to MBNA and I need to speak to MBNA.

So I called back to be told that they didnt know when the money would be put back as they are investigating and there is nothing they can do.
    I'm down £540!
    When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was read the party line that they weren't available.

Where do i stand ?
    any advise warmly received
    thanks in advance

In the past, I've made a similar mistake and MBNA actually refunded money back to my account...

Try speaking to them and asking for the refund, that was for £2k of so.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure