ASDA account opened on line with PPI

Options
Hi,

I am totally confused.
I opened my credit card account with ASDA back in 2008.
Have no paperwork at all.
I have been struggling with repayments up till today, as my financial situation is poor.
I haven't realised what PPI is until I saw all adds in TV. Then I discovered on my statements it was named as 'Balance cancellation cover', rather than PPI.
I did cancel it and send a letter of complaint about miss sold PPI to the provider.
After over a month I got a letter from Santander, who took over GE Money, after reviewing ASDA agreement and account details, PPI was added after accepting my on line application form.
Obviously, I did return everything signed. At this time, I cant really remember what paperwork I have received - as in apart from contract, anything explaining what PPI / Balance Cancellation Cover is.
I didn't need PPI and am unable to prove if I got anything explaining what it was. Also, looking at the conditions I should be able to cancel it within 6 months from the time I got my card - do not recollect any paperwork.
The other thing is I never claimed anything I would be entitled due to PPI conditions. The interest from card itself and PPI were causing a massive impact on my financial situation, which was reflecting on my bank account charges.
Is there a point for me to write to FOC?

Thanks for all your advices,

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,558 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is there a point for me to write to FOC?

You haven't actually said how it was mis-sold or what wrongdoing has taken place?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure