Insurance claim Minster Law

Someone drove into the back of my wifes car on the m6 motorway. We contacted our insurance company M&S. We where them contacted by Minster Law on their behalf. Has anybody dealt with Minster Law and had any issues regarding their quality of service.

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,816
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    It sounds like Minster Law are a claims management company. So stop right there for the moment.

Have the other party admitted liability.
    If so, deal directly with the third party's insurance. quick and easy and sorted in days.

They will direct you to go for a quote, sort you a hire car if needed, sort the garage to have your car repaired, pay the garage directly, you pick It up when its mended, that ends your involvement.

With a claims management company, it can drag on for weeks and there is not need for them, they are leeches and one of the reasons premiums are sky high.

Good luck. (and remember, you have done nothing wrong so you can take your car to the garage of your choice)
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • pipmoss
    pipmoss Posts: 254
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you very much for your reply. Our car is very old and quite possibly will be written of. As of yet we do not know the name of the third partys insurance company.

How do we find that out?.

If our car can be fixed would the third partys insurance pay for any repairs even if that may not be economically viable.

Many thanks for your help in this difficult situation.
  • outoffunds
    outoffunds Posts: 57 Forumite
    edited 27 July 2014 at 5:24PM
    We are insured with M&S when I was rear ended last year Minster Law handled the injury claim.

My husband's was sorted out very quickly, my claim is still ongoing due to my injuries. They appoint Premex to handle the medical side and they have been very good.

The third party in our accident and their insurance company accepted liability quite quickly.

I got a hire car the day after the accident and my car was written off and I had the hire car until 7 days after I received the money for my car from the third party insurers, this was the full market value which was slightly more than I was expecting.

Hope this helps.
    Weight loss since 6/01/2014: 70lb
  • Crazy_Jamie
    Crazy_Jamie Posts: 2,246
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    McKneff wrote: »
    It sounds like Minster Law are a claims management company. So stop right there for the moment.
    Minster Law is a solicitors firm, not a claims management company. They are part of the BLG Group, of which comparethemarket.com is also a part. As such they are very much a known quantity in when it comes to litigation arising out of road traffic accidents, and as such if the OP does decide that they need representation there's certainly nothing wrong with sticking with them.
    "MIND IF I USE YOUR PHONE? IF WORD GETS OUT THAT
    I'M MISSING FIVE HUNDRED GIRLS WILL KILL THEMSELVES."
  • I must admit my dealings with Minster law has been attrocious so far. My wife and 2 kids were in the car when someone drove into the back of them. Called the Post office as they have the insurance, turns out it was ML who handle all claims, went through the incident and detailed what happened, took my sons claim as he had been taken to the Docs as he banged his head in the accident, the other 2 had headaches and whiplash, took over a week to talk about the other passengers, purely focussed on my son, arranged a hire car through there relationship with Enterprise, they sorted the car out within 4 days, but was billing £260 plus vat per day for the Car (big 7 seater needed)

Now to repair the car, could wither go through my insurance and pay the excess or go through enterprise who wont need me to pay the excess, so Enterprise are doing the repair, the firm recommended was over 100 miles away, number on the website was wrong and didnt contact us for over a week, then sent someone to take pictures after 9 days, took a further 12 days before someone called to say the car was going to be repaired, a week later they came to collect the car, and further 9 days to fix. A total of 33 days we had the hire car, over £8k in hire car costs, plus the estimated repair costs of £3.5k (the car is only valued at £7500). Enterprise are happy to delay the repairs as they charge the full whack (Enquired as a Private individual for the same car, £483 per week, not 260 a day)

So I am not impressed with how the Post Office, Minster Law and Enterprise have managed this situation. Still waiting for the PI claim, but almost want to forget about that. Its a massive scam and the reason why we are paying a hefty premium on our car insurance. To make matters worse, ML said if the other insurance company make contact to tell them we had reported the claim already, they admitted full responsibility and offered a hire car at £64 per day.
  • Minster Law are a factory firm of solicitors where the handlers have case loads of between 500-700 claims each and not a hope in hell of dealing with them well.

They are owned by BGL (and have been since 2007 when it was forbidden for external investment in law firms - but that's another story).
  • I feel your pain. I have them handling 2 claims of mine.sadly!! It has taken wait for it 5 years and still not finished. 7 different case handlers and 4 years til they both went to the complex claims dep. I have spinal injury and under guys hospital. Had major surgery last year and wait for it I am being told I might get just over £2000 for one and £2500 for the other.
    If it's not too late don't use them. Read their reviews on Google. You will find many like me.
    All of a sudden all the poxy medical appointments I've had are going against each other and apparently the judge will be likely to go in favour of th op side.
    Disgusting service Oh and over read this £100.000 of costs!!!!
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,816
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The origina
    Posr is nearly 4 years old
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport