Natwest sold its Sharedealing service......

Options
Hi,

Just logged into my Natwest sharedealing account and had the below message. What are your thoughts. Change share dealing to another company??

I have had Halifax recommended to me, what do you think?

Important news about your NatWest Stockbrokers account

What's happening

On 08/07/14 National Westminster Bank Plc sold its interest in NatWest Stockbrokers Ltd (the provider of your BrokerLine services) to The Toronto-Dominion Bank Group, NatWest's trusted partner.
NatWest has taken this decision so it can focus on delivering an excellent day to day banking service for its customers. TD is one of the world's leading banks and an expert in online stockbroking. TD Direct Investing, the UK based share dealing and investing subsidiary of TD has been providing your BrokerLine service in partnership with NatWest Stockbrokers since 2002.
What this means for you

There is no immediate change to your account and you can continue to trade as normal until October 2014. From this point your stockbroking services will no longer be available from NatWest Stockbrokers, however you can continue to access these services from TD Direct Investing using the same account and login details. To do this, you will need to provide your consent to the TD Direct Investing Terms of Service. We are working hard to ensure the transition is as smooth as possible for you.
As a customer of TD Direct Investing, your rates and charges will be the same or lower and you will benefit from access to a wider range of investing tools and services.
TB

Comments

• kevin52
    kevin52 Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    This is not being done for the shareholders benefit. This will be an opportunity for the new service provider to rip private shareholders off with premium rate phone lines, charges for DRIPs and copies of documents.
    Same thing happened when Lloyds sold their registration business to Equiniti.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure