DWP ISCS (Income Support Computer System)

Options
Hello Guys,

On 21-Mar-2014, I received 2098.56 in my bank account with a description "Bank Credit DWP ISCS". I called DWP to enquire about the bank credit as I have never claimed any sort of state benefits. DWP guy took my NI and confirmed that no record exists for my NI for any claims.

I called my bank and they were not able to help trace the money source. I am not sure how I can find who paid into my account.

Is there any address I can write to DWP to investigate this matter ? Or is it a matter of me getting someone else money ?

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Comments

• Poppie68
    Poppie68 Posts: 4,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DWP ISCS is the income support payment system.....You need to call them back investigate, i'm sure i have read before they can actually do a trace by using the amount paid. It's sounds like your NI has been mismatched somewhere but doesn't explain how they got your bank details so maybe the bank needs to be looking into it as well.
  • anmarj
    anmarj Posts: 1,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    does it have a national insurance on the statement? If so, that is the number they need to investigate rather than yours. You will need to get hold of a benefit delivery address for your area and get a letter sent

https://www.gov.uk/contact-jobcentre-plus, they should be able to give you the details. It maybe that somebody has given account details and either they have given the details incorrectly or they have been input incorrectly. All the system does is validate that the details match ie sort code and account no and which bank they belong to.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Why cant I be paid someone elses money!
  • MargaretB_2
    Options
    How come you got £2,000 and I only got £200? :rotfl:Ok, joking aside, I got £210 paid into my account yesterday (Thursday) from DWP ISCS. I am on a state pension so I know what that bit means, and it has my national insurance number. I have looked at an old post from another forum and someone there has been getting something like this amount every week, on a Thursday. She has phoned the pensions office but they say they don't know anything about it. I have had no letter from them to say what it is for, it is not likely to be a cold weather payment in August, so I am lost now. It is pointless writing. I wrote to them four times when I sold my house to tell them I now longer had a mortgage, my disabled son was no longer living with me and I had moved. They got the first letter asking for my mail to go to my daughter, but then they sent a year later (redirected from her) asking about my son and telling me they had informed my mortgage company of a change of payment. Since I told them a year before that neither applied, it was quite fun. So after four letters, they eventually managed to get the address right. Now I have this and I have never claimed income support. No wonder there is not enough money in the pot.
  • dippy3103
    dippy3103 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It's possible a digit is out (could becaused any number of ways) and somehow it got paid to you.
    If someone is expecting a payment of that size they will probably pretty quickly realise the mistake.

Is there a NI number on it? I know from looking at bank statements at work that usually the NINo is on the reference.

Although we'd all love a £2k windfall, when it's not yours & you need to pay it back (and obviously you are honest) it's nothing but a pain in bum!

Best wishes & hope it's sorted soon!!
  • dippy3103
    dippy3103 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Gah!! Just noticed the date this thread started.

Cos I'm nosey I wish the o/p posted the outcome!!
  • lld01
    lld01 Posts: 224 Forumite
    Options
    MargaretB wrote: »
    How come you got £2,000 and I only got £200? :rotfl:Ok, joking aside, I got £210 paid into my account yesterday (Thursday) from DWP ISCS. I am on a state pension so I know what that bit means, and it has my national insurance number. I have looked at an old post from another forum and someone there has been getting something like this amount every week, on a Thursday. She has phoned the pensions office but they say they don't know anything about it. I have had no letter from them to say what it is for, it is not likely to be a cold weather payment in August, so I am lost now. It is pointless writing. I wrote to them four times when I sold my house to tell them I now longer had a mortgage, my disabled son was no longer living with me and I had moved. They got the first letter asking for my mail to go to my daughter, but then they sent a year later (redirected from her) asking about my son and telling me they had informed my mortgage company of a change of payment. Since I told them a year before that neither applied, it was quite fun. So after four letters, they eventually managed to get the address right. Now I have this and I have never claimed income support. No wonder there is not enough money in the pot.

Pension Credit is also paid using ISCS (Income Support Computer System) so its probably that. Phone them to check. If your National Insurance number is shown next to the payment (not someone elses) then the payment is for you.
  • MargaretB_2
    Options
    lld01 wrote: »
    Pension Credit is also paid using ISCS (Income Support Computer System) so its probably that. Phone them to check. If your National Insurance number is shown next to the payment (not someone elses) then the payment is for you.
    I don't get pension credit. The only thing I can think is that pension credit was paying toward my mortgage, which I told them over a year ago I no longer had. Perhaps they are repaying me all the payments they made to the mortgage company because they didn't read my letter, the same one telling them my son had moved out! That is the only thing I can think of and yes, it is my NI number.
  • Kitty_Kat_zoe
    Options
    Could someone help me please I got a payment t
  • Kitty_Kat_zoe
    Options
    I got a payment of 347 pound today my income support has been suspended and I don't know why this is it's got my national insurance number next to it shall I phone job centre tomorrow n find out
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure