IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Car Parking Partnership - Civil Parking Notice

Options
Dear all,

I know there is plenty of threads available in MSE forum itself regarding Car Parking Partnership for issuing a PCN and everyone has advised just to ignore it. I have received a same PCN from CPP, but for parking at the CONTRACTOR BAY, in a private property (as there was no other parking slot available) on a Sunday Evening.

I did appeal using Martin's template letter, but of course that has been rejected. Now I have been given the option either to pay the discounted amount of £60 or appeal at POPLA and if rejected pay £100.

At this point I am thinking to ignore all the letters that will start coming my way. But my only concern is since I parked at the CONTRACTOR BAY, so where do I stand for that PCN.

£60/£100 is a lot of money just before Xmas!!! :eek:

Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Paul

Comments

• AoD
    AoD Posts: 170 Forumite
    Options
    No no no!! Don't ignore now you have the magic POPLA code!

Have a read of the stickies above which will help you draft out your POPLA appeal. The circumstances of your "ticket" are no different to anyone else and with forum guidance you will win at POPLA.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    nobody here tells you to ignore these letters in england and wales

read the sticky thread marked NEWBIES at the top of this forum, its also in my signature too
  • tomotomo12
    Options
    Hi all,

Please help as having a moment of worry. I've read previous posts and saw that just ignoring letters was the best solution for these leaches.

My story,
    I have a parking space and a permit which is for only my car and my space only, on a few occasions I received parking tickets for more than likely my pass had fallen off the dash and wasn't visible.

I subsequently ignored the following letters from cpp and ps&p as I thought it would be obvious to them when issuing the paper work that the ticketed car was also the only car with a valid permit to park in that space.

Don't really want court cost or a ccj
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    tomotomo12 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Please help as having a moment of worry. I've read previous posts and saw that just ignoring letters was the best solution for these leaches.

My story,
    I have a parking space and a permit which is for only my car and my space only, on a few occasions I received parking tickets for more than likely my pass had fallen off the dash and wasn't visible.

I subsequently ignored the following letters from cpp and ps&p as I thought it would be obvious to them when issuing the paper work that the ticketed car was also the only car with a valid permit to park in that space.

Don't really want court cost or a ccj

You must start your own thread as replies to more than one person on the same thread gets confusing.

Alternatively, just watch this thread for the advice we give.

But to both of you, since POPLA 2012, ignoring in England and Wales is not a good option. See Coupon Mad's NEWBIES thread on the sticky threads at the top of this forum.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    mykutu wrote: »
    Dear all,

I know there is plenty of threads available in MSE forum itself regarding Car Parking Partnership for issuing a PCN and everyone has advised just to ignore it. I have received a same PCN from CPP, but for parking at the CONTRACTOR BAY, in a private property (as there was no other parking slot available) on a Sunday Evening.

I did appeal using Martin's template letter, but of course that has been rejected. Now I have been given the option either to pay the discounted amount of £60 or appeal at POPLA and if rejected pay £100.

At this point I am thinking to ignore all the letters that will start coming my way. But my only concern is since I parked at the CONTRACTOR BAY, so where do I stand for that PCN.

£60/£100 is a lot of money just before Xmas!!! :eek:

Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I have no idea why anyone would have used a fairly irrelevant old template letter from 2009. This forum never suggests reading the ancient MSE articles nor using the weak templates which dated from before POFA 2012. Always check the current forums on MSE, not the articles alone (especially when they are old or undated).

And now you have the golden ticket of the POPLA code you haven't realised it because you read old articles only! So stay on the live forum, we are here every day helping everyone to win at POPLA (100% record on all cases advised on since Easter).

Read the Newbies thread and among the advice there, click on 'How to win at POPLA' of course. We win every time, so show us your draft once you've read the examples.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mykutu
    Options
    Many thanks to all of you for your response, much appreciated!

I do understand that I must have used the old template for appeal which was on this forum by Martin. But as everyone is suggesting that since I have the POPLA code, so I should proceed with a chance of winning.

Once I draft the letter to POPLA, I will post it here for your inputs (as advised by Coupan-mad) and we will take it from there.

Regards
    Paul
  • mykutu
    Options
    I am drafting the letter to POLPA. I would appreciate if I can some help with the following 2 points.

1. If I can get some help with writing something in my favour for parking at the Contractor Bay

2. I have seen as per the BPA code of practice section 20.5 & 31.1, which says photographs should show date and time and must not be retouched or digitally altered. In my case the evidence pictures on CPP website shows, date and time along with my car reg no and the name of the place, where the incident took place. So I have made one point with the following -

"The photographs of evidence have been retouched/digitally altered"

The photographs of evidence shown by company on their website against this PCN is clearly showing the date and time along with the Vehicle registration number and name of the place. As per BPA Code of Practice section – 20.5 and 31.1 it says –
    “You may use photographs as evidence that a vehicle was
    parked in an unauthorised way. The photographs must
    refer to and confirm the incident which you claim was
    unauthorised. A date and time stamp should be included
    on the photograph. All photographs used for evidence
    should be clear and legible and must not be retouched or
    digitally altered.”

Clearly in this occasion the company hasn’t adhere to the code of practice of BPA and ignored the fact that the photographs shouldn’t be retouched/digitally altered. I have attached few photographs for your attention.

Many thanks
    Paul
  • AoD
    AoD Posts: 170 Forumite
    Options
    If I can get some help with writing something in my favour for parking at the Contractor Bay

Forget the contractor bay. It really doesn't matter.

You win at POPLA by appealing on the grounds the ticket is a penalty and doesn't represent a genuine pre-estimate of loss; by calling into question the PPCs legal authority to issue tickets etc etc. Concentrate on these legal points, and the other points in the stickies, and you will be fine.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Unless the photo alteration is blatantly obvious then I'd leave that aside and concentrate on the tried and tested POPLA appeal winning items. See the thread linked in my sig below, and the POPLA Decisions thread. (Start at the end and work back).
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Many thanks to all of you for your response, much appreciated!

I do understand that I must have used the old template for appeal which was on this forum by Martin. But as everyone is suggesting that since I have the POPLA code, so I should proceed with a chance of winning.

Once I draft the letter to POPLA, I will post it here for your inputs (as advised by Coupan-mad) and we will take it from there.

Regards
    Paul

Read the Newbies thread and among the advice there, click on 'How to win at POPLA' and copy & tweak a suitable example. We win every time, so show us your draft once you've read the examples.

It's not about 'what happened' at all (we know that sounds odd but it won't win and you don't need to even mention the bay).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure