PlumbNation

Options
Anyone had any experience using this site? Going to be ordering an unvented boiler and rads soon and just came across this site. The reviews on trust pilot are good but the prices seem too good to be true on some things.

Comments

• A.Penny.Saved
    Options
    I know the name from somewhere. I don't know whether it was from them that I purchased a set of cheap taps for a bathroom that I intended to soon replace. It was another company that I had bad experience from and wouldn't order again.

I get regular emails from plumbworld so it could of been them that I got the taps from. I have no entry in my password manager for them or plumbnation. I could of stopped emails from them however.

I have a password entry for plumbtraders which are the ones from whom I received damaged goods. Never again.
  • southcoastrgi
    Options
    What does your installer think of them ?
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    Options
    Personally I like my suppliers to be local enough such that I can visit and shake them warmly by the throat when things go t*ts up.

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • jcaow
    jcaow Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    I used plumbnation on the recommendation of our heating engineer when we replaced our boiler in March 2013. They were good - cheap and delivered before the original anticipated date if I remember rightly. The only problem, more for the driver than for me, is that there is only one delivery person so you're supposed to help them and I wasn't really much use at lifting a 60KG boiler up the steps in front of our house.
  • mr.pj
    mr.pj Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    I'll be installing it all myself. I've got a few weeks before i need everything so will do a bit more looking.
  • southcoastrgi
    Options
    if it's an unvented cylinder then you can't legally install it yourself you need to have the G3 cert, not only is it highly dangerious your nice 25 yr warentee ain't worth a light, plus the installation needs to be notified to your local building control

• keystone
    Options
    He's admitted to working for BG but doesn't say in what capacity. He may have one but if he doesn't then a DIY install is plain daft.

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • southcoastrgi
    Options
    Interesting, but the fact that the op calls it an unvented boiler & not a system boiler or unvented cylinder suggests to me that they aren't competent to fit either if they can't even get the name right

• keystone
    Options
    Mmm - OP last on site at 21:17 today. No spirited defence to the above so hope he's rethinking the DIY route.

Cheers
  • mr.pj
    mr.pj Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    i was supposed to put unvented and boiler. I am an engineer but just service and repairs not on the install side so as much i'm competent it'll be my first job of this size.

Had to re-do my unvented qualification on friday actually.

Also at 21.17 yesterday i was still in the pub drowning my sorrows about football so not sure why it said i was on here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure