Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    exmodel
    MARBLES-CUT YOUR 14.9% APR IN HALF NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 18th Sep 04, 11:30 AM
    MARBLES-CUT YOUR 14.9% APR IN HALF NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! 18th Sep 04 at 11:30 AM
    Just wanted to inform fellow money experts that when I went to close my Marbles card they offered a bit of a deal that some folks may find hard to refuse.

I gave the excuse that now my 0% deal was finished and my balance was paid in full that I would prefer to close the account as their APR @ 14.9% was a bit too high considering I already had other cards at much better APR rates! So they asked me what they could do for me. First I asked for another 6 months @ 0%..doh (no go)! Then out of the blue they first offered to reduce my annual APR to 10.9% for both life of balance transfers & purchases! I then did as you advise (Did the ole "uhmmm, ohmmm, not really good enough" routine) and then BINGO they offered to lower it to 7.9% (fixed & NOT typical) for both future life of balance transfers AND purchases with no time restrictions involved what so ever!!!!

Not believing what I was hearing, I decided to wait a full day to cancel my partner's Marbles card and they said the exact same thing (except this time going directly to the 7.9% offer without trying to get me to accept the 10.9% one)!!! I did try to get it even lower to 6.9% but 7.9% was the lowest they were prepared to go!Well I told them I would keep both cards as it sounded like a good deal but I always have the option of ringing and closing the accounts anyway as I am not using their cards at present.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

45Posts Today

2,694Users online

Martin's Twitter