Help - paperwork missing!

Options
I have started a claim with Bank of Scotland and they have responded with a few questions, some of which are simple to answer, but they have asked for "a copy of the agreement" and "a valid account number" - neither of which I have (or at least I cannot find it in our storage!). All I have is my bank statements showing the loan repayments and the insurance payments (which I provided copies of along with my claim form) and the knowledge that it was most likely mis-sold to me. How should I proceed? Surely Bank of Scotland should be able to provide the missing information for themselves?

Any help or advice very welcome as I'm running out of time to respond! Thanks in advance

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How long ago is this please

And what makes you think it has been most likely miss sold and do you have evidence to back this claim up
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • MrsKGR
    Options
    Hi there

The final payment was debited in May 2009 and I think it was taken over three years.

It was my husband's loan (fiance at the time of taking out the loan) and he can't remember much at all from the time of the loan. I wasn't involved in the taking out of the loan so am relying on his memory! What I do remember though is looking at his bank statements trying to figure out what the £46.29 being debited by CBCREDITCARE-STAG was. My husband had no idea either, although we both could see that it seemed to be linked to the loan re-payments. It later transpired that it was PPI which he didn't recall taking out but we assumed it must have been a proviso of the loan. It is this that leads me to believe that the PPI may have been mis-sold.

Hope that helps!
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    One of the major reasons for missale is single premium. That isn't the case for you, and I don't doubt there'll be a piece of paper with your husbands signature to show he did sign for the PPI.
    You'll have to think of another reason for missale, such as it woulnd't cover him if he needed it.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • MrsKGR
    MrsKGR Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    OK, thank you. I will have a think on it then.
  • bvckle
    bvckle Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    MrsKGR wrote: »
    I have started a claim with Bank of Scotland and they have responded with a few questions, some of which are simple to answer, but they have asked for "a copy of the agreement" and "a valid account number" - neither of which I have (or at least I cannot find it in our storage!). All I have is my bank statements showing the loan repayments and the insurance payments (which I provided copies of along with my claim form) and the knowledge that it was most likely mis-sold to me. How should I proceed? Surely Bank of Scotland should be able to provide the missing information for themselves?

Any help or advice very welcome as I'm running out of time to respond! Thanks in advance

I would say that the documentation that you have provided is enough. Your statements prove that PPI was in place without the need for a copy of the agreement!!

Your personal circumstances at the time would offer an insight into whether you would have needed the cover and also potentially been mis-sold the cover.
    e.g if you were employed at the time and would have recieved sick pay then PPI was clearly incorrect for your needs, unless you actually requested the cover!!

Reading through your posts it seems as though you were unaware of the cover in place which to me would appear as though it was mis-sold.

I was in a similar position and never had the "Original Agreement" and they still upheld my complaint!!

Hope that helps!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport