General Motors Credit Card PPI

Options
Just in case anyone else is trying to reclaim PPI on an old General Motors Credit, the following may be useful.

We wrote to HSBC Bank initially as on the back of the GM Statements it says: "The GM Card is a trading name and style of both HFC Bank Limited and General Motors UK Ltd....... member HSBC Group".

HSBC wrote to say firstly they needed a sort code. We provided that.

Then HSBC wrote to say the address and signature differed from the one they held so could we go to any branch of HSBC with ID. We duly went to our local branch. They said they could not ID us as the account was no longer current! Then they said it was nothing to do with HSBC anyway and we should be contacting Aviva. The branch staff said they would tell the person who had written to us from HSBC and gave us a number to call Aviva on.

I rang Aviva - the number turned out to be for sickness claims! Aviva gave me another number for PPI claims at HFC Bank.

HFC Bank number said they didn't deal with credit cards and gave me another number!

This last number (Tel. 0121 214 5577) was answered by John Lewis Financial Services. The chap there said we should write in to:

HFC Bank
P O Box 5140
Coventry
CV3 9ES

Sorry for long tale - felt the need for a little rant!

Hope this helps someone though.
"Go placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence": Desiderata

Comments

• bonjen3
    bonjen3 Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, I'll check this out , Im looking for an address for my gm card
  • AllastairS
    Options
    seems GM card was an HFC one, who were taken over by HSBC
    after calling 01212145577 I was given the number 03456023793

will let you know how it goes
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    AllastairS wrote: »
    will let you know how it goes
    The other respondents to this thread will never read your belated response, this is from 2013!
    In addition, all the address and telephone numbers you bumped up are out-of date.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure