Kwik-Fit Tyres

Options
Hello,

Just wondering if i bought some tyres at Kwik Fit do they do a good job with the fitting and Balancing.

I saw some online for about 70squid each which includes fitting and Balancing. But i have also read some horror stories. the particular centre is in central london (location Camden Rd, London Borough of Islington, N7 0SH).

Any one had any experience with the above centre?

Many thanks
Total Debt in June 2013: Barclaycard 0% until Nov 2014: £1550

Tesco CC: £1200 0% Until March 2014

HSBC CC: £384 25%APR - TARGET to make GREEN ASAP

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,305 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    from personal experience Kwik-Fit will probably find "problems with your brakes"

they tried to tell me this about a month after the MOT was done......
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • vikramrkin
    Options
    kwikfit might do a good job, but highly likely that they will find some issue to extract more ££ from you.

Have you tried blackcircle? When I was looking for tyres for my car (Pirellie 205/55 R16), kwikfit was much more expensive than blackcircle. go through topcashback and you will get some cashback as well.
  • scotsbob
    scotsbob Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    Options
    Last time (and trust me it will be the last time) I got tyres from this company, the fitter pulled the rubber out of a windscreen wiper and then tried to sell me a new set of wiper blades.
    Luckily I had left my Autoboy running and when I played it back to the manager he got very flustered, turned red and then claimed the fitter was actually trying to push the rubber back in!
  • Browntoa wrote: »
    from personal experience Kwik-Fit will probably find "problems with your brakes"

they tried to tell me this about a month after the MOT was done......

I have no doubt they will from the stories i have read online. but i have a regular Mechanic who i will entrust with my brakes which i know will need replacing soon.

But in terms of fitting and balancing are they good? and also regarding the centre i mentioned any good?

• vikramrkin wrote: »
    kwikfit might do a good job, but highly likely that they will find some issue to extract more ££ from you.

Have you tried blackcircle? When I was looking for tyres for my car (Pirellie 205/55 R16), kwikfit was much more expensive than blackcircle. go through topcashback and you will get some cashback as well.

Do Blackcircle have centre in central london who will do the fitting and balancing. any experiences at these centres?

• scotsbob wrote: »
    I had left my Autoboy running and when I played it back to the manager he got very flustered, turned red and then claimed the fitter was actually trying to push the rubber back in!

Fantastic :T hoping you got new Blades for free, i was planning waiting right by my car when they changed the tyre, am i not allowed does anyone know

• hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Probably be an "elf and safety" issue
  • adouglasmhor
    adouglasmhor Posts: 15,554 Forumite
    Photogenic
    Options
    Do Blackcircle have centre in central london who will do the fitting and balancing. any experiences at these centres?

Black circles use both their own fitters and local tyre garages to do the fitting and balancing. their site will show where you can have it done.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • Black circles use both their own fitters and local tyre garages to do the fitting and balancing. their site will show where you can have it done.

Will have a quick look now

• has anyone heard of this centre that Blackcircle recommened for the fitting it seems its literally next door to the Kwik fit centre i was going too

Its called HOLOCENE MOTOR GROUP. any experiences?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills