PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Can I reheat cous cous ?

i cooked cous cous for the first time on Thurs night and there is still s ome left over, is it safe to reheat and how long do i stick it in the microwavce for?

its plain old cous cous no veg or anything

Comments

• kingmonkey
    kingmonkey Posts: 846 Forumite
    I think you should treat cous cous as you would rice or mince.

If you cooled and refrigerated it quite soon after cooking then it would be safe to reheat.
  • Sharra
    Sharra Posts: 751 Forumite
    It is very nice cold tho :)
  • katiekoo_2
    katiekoo_2 Posts: 102 Forumite
    I love to add roasted veggies to cold couscous. It is such a nice food that you can mix with so many things....tomorrow we are having leftover roast chicken and veggies with leftover couscous. Such an easy and delicious meal. Yum!
    Katie.
  • belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    I'd eat cold too...why risk it when it's yummy like this (and supposed to be hot again tomorrow :) )
  • I'm now better with rice and pasta, but with couscous I make at least 4 times too much... (it just looks so little, dry in the bowl! :o )

I ate quite a lot of the left-overs yesterday for lunch and OH later announced he doesn't like it and only ate it because we had someone over for dinner! (which means I can con him into eating it if well disguised ;) and yes, I'm talking about my OH, not a child!)

So, I just looked up some recipes for a cake or biscuits using couscous but not much luck - there were some but they called for dry couscous and you cook it with honey, orange juice/lemon juice. I guess it gets more flavour in.

I was also wondering if couscous is like rice - shouldn't really eat it so long after cooking.
    It's been sitting in the fridge since Sunday evening (with a bit of olive oil and raisins stirred in)

Any ideas welcome!
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • chelms38
    chelms38 Posts: 425 Forumite
    Recent convert to cous cous after holiday in Crete and it is a nice change from pasta & rice as it is something light that can be eaten both hot or cold. :)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry, I can't answer your question but it's delicious cold with all salady bits chopped into it and some meat or tuna or even cheese cubes if you've got it. Ideal for a packed lunch as a change from sarnies.
  • kitschkitty
    kitschkitty Posts: 3,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Umm this is an old thread with no actual new questions in it at the mo. :o
    A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts