Response from TPS regarding complaint

Options
Despite being registered with the TPS, we have recently started to be plagued by some unwanted and unsolicited marketing calls.

Over the past 3 months we have registered a complaint with the TPS each time we receive one (where we are certain who has called us and we have the phone number they called from)

Today, we have received the following email from the TPS.
To: Undisclosed recipients:
Subject: Telephone Preference Service (TPS) Complaint

Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you for your complaint regarding the receipt of an unsolicited direct marketing call.

You may already be aware that the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) does not have the facilities to know which companies are calling you and therefore relies on the complainant to ascertain this information upon the receipt of an unsolicited direct marketing call.

Despite our best efforts, TPS has not been able to ascertain valid contact and/or address details to raise this particular complaint. Please note that even on occasions where a company name and/or telephone number is supplied TPS may still be unable to ascertain valid company details if during the course of our investigation the company name and/or telephone number supplied is found to be fictitious.

Although we have been unable to raise this complaint against the offending company we will make available to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) details of complaints which TPS were unable to raise against the offending company due to lack of valid contact details.

The ICO are the government body responsible for enforcing the Privacy and Electronic (EC Directive) Communications Regulations 2003. This may enable them to look at trends in complaints being made and where possible identify those organisations who are not complying with the regulations surrounding such calls.

TPS has now closed the investigation into this particular complaint. Response to this email with additional information will not lead TPS to re-open our investigation into this particular complaint. Please note that this email address is not monitored. If you now have sufficient information and wish for TPS to investigate please re-log your complaint via the TPS website www. tpsonline.org.uk .

Yours Sincerely

Arthur Cummings
Assistant Manager

Useless or what?
I don't even know which complaint they are referring to.

Comments

• Atidi
    Atidi Posts: 943 Forumite
    Options
    I think the incorrect use of the valediction by Mr Cummings probably says it all ;)
  • backfoot
    backfoot Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have now given up TPS because of identical responses. Even when specific numbers have been provided, they have sent this 'can't do anything response.'

TPS .Waste of time.
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    Absolutely - the lights are on, but nobody's home. It's a shame the are still put forward as a route to limiting junk calls - when in fact they do so very little and have no powers whatsoever.
  • jaybeetoo
    jaybeetoo Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    TPS are a waste of space.

The only option is to take matters into your owns hands (unfortunately it costs money). I use one of these http://www.cprcallblocker.com/ and the problem has gone away.
  • retiredin2011
    Options
    TPS are a waste of space

Completely agree.

I gave them the phone number, the company name and address and even the name of the person who called me and got that response as well.

Now I just wind up the callers if I have the time or hang up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure