Asda click and collect problem

Options
Not sure if I've posted this in the right place but..

On Friday I ordered something online from Asda with click and collect. It said online if the order is placed before 5pm, it could be collected the following day after 5pm. I had a problem with the transaction, a quick call to Customer services sorted it and she checked to make sure the order had gone through. I was told I would get an email when the item was despatched and another when it was ready to collect. The email which came through after 9pm last night so was not available to collect at the time they said. Expected to get the text or email today to say it was ready to collect, called customer services and was told there was a delay with my order and it wont be available to collect til tomorrow now :( Thing is on the tracker, it says the order was delivered to store by 4pm Saturday? Hope it is available to collect tomorrow as its a main present for someone + the money (£69.00) has been taken out already.
Has anyone else had problems with it and was it sorted? Thanks x

Comments

• pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Is it possible to ring the store directly to ask if it's there?

ASDA general customer service are generally clueless!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • MamaMoo_2
    MamaMoo_2 Posts: 2,644 Forumite
    edited 23 December 2012 at 6:10PM
    Options
    I have ordered 2-3 times on a Friday, usually around 3pm.
    Never have they actually had it by 5pm on the Saturday. No apologies, nothing.
    In fact, I was called an out-and-out liar by their staff who had no idea about this delivery-to-store promise, and so assumed I was lying about it, despite me pointing it out to them in the Asda direct catalogue.
    It was always there on the Monday though.
    Like you, the tracking always said it was delivered on the Saturday, but it never was.
  • Forwandert
    Forwandert Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Asda and Asda direct are two different companies. Asda direct send the items to the collection store via couriers (I think it was HDNL) when i worked there. The email to say the item is in store is only triggered when someone in the store enters the packages onto the system so you can have a couple of problems.

Firstly the couriers where either very fast delivering the items to store ie the day before expected or sometimes slow. Also 'colleagues' where the same :D I was queried a few times on why a package hadn't arrived and after investigating it was clear the packages had arrived and no one had entered the delivery numbers onto the system triggering the email. It's always worth just ringing the store to see if the delivery has been. Most colleagues in Asda won't have much information on guarantees etc on delivery as they don't work for the company you've ordered from.
  • BillyB
    BillyB Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Same as me, I ordered just after 3pm Friday, after looking at the table which showed if before 5pm it would be there after 5Pm to collect the following day. I called customer services today and she just said there had been a delay and it would be there tomorrow.
    Just noticed I now have the email to say it is in store ready to collect at 4:33 - So 33 minutes after my nearest store (about 20 miles away) closed! So different again to what customer services said.. :wall:
    Anyway will collect it tomorrow + hopefully it wont be too busy.. Our local supermarkets have been heaving this weekend.. Thanks for all your help :)
  • MamaMoo_2
    MamaMoo_2 Posts: 2,644 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure if your local Asda is anything like mine, but it closed at 4, an is reopening at midnight until 6pm (it's not normally a 24 hour one either!)
  • BillyB
    BillyB Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MamaMoo wrote: »
    Not sure if your local Asda is anything like mine, but it closed at 4, an is reopening at midnight until 6pm (it's not normally a 24 hour one either!)

Yea, Exactly the same as mine. Its just been a real pain. With my nearest store being a 40 minute drive away, I wanted to be sure it was there before wasting a journey. Will just have to brave going up there tomorrow :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure