Ikea Beds???

Options
Sorry - know its not a DFW post directly but i wondered if anyone knew the answer. :o

I have got a standard double duvet and wanted to buy a ikea double bed (cheap) - will the standard duvet look ok on an ikea bed beacuse i have heard they are weird sizes??

Anyhelp would be great - thanks!

Comments

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    your duvet might, but youll need a mattress from ikea as well as yes, they are european sizes, not UK sizes, as I found to my cost.
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • rsykes2000
    rsykes2000 Posts: 2,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can look online, no need to go to the store. https://www.ikea.co.uk - all the beds have got the dimensions of the beds and what size mattress they take so no need to go to the store to check.
  • Wannabesaver_4
    Options
    fab thanks!

I know i will need to get sheets from there but i hope the duvet will fit!
  • Yorkielass
    Yorkielass Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    we have an ikea double bed and mattress and our 'normal' duvet is fine on it but we had to buy some sheets from ikea because 'normal' ones won't fit the mattress because as lynzpower says ikea use european rather than UK sizes.
    Initial Mortgage January 2024 - £160,000
    Initial Mortgage free date - January 2058
    Mortgage as of 1st February 2024 - £159,134.98
    Overpayments to date - £79.62
    Current Mortgage free date - January 2058
  • Wannabesaver_4
    Options
    Yorkielass - does the duvet look ok- not too short at the sides or anything?

Thanks!
  • Yorkielass
    Yorkielass Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    it looks ok to me, we've got a malm bed frame so there's quite a wide bit of 'wood' on either side of the bed frame. I can have a look tonight as I'm at work now and can't picture it at all :o
    Initial Mortgage January 2024 - £160,000
    Initial Mortgage free date - January 2058
    Mortgage as of 1st February 2024 - £159,134.98
    Overpayments to date - £79.62
    Current Mortgage free date - January 2058
  • Sus1e
    Sus1e Posts: 235 Forumite
    Options
    I have a Ikea bed, Ikea mattress and I use normal bedding (including sheets). The bedding looks fine and the sheets fit well too.
    Sealed Pot Challenge Member Number #1906
  • raq
    raq Posts: 1,716 Forumite
    Options
    lynzpower wrote: »
    your duvet might, but youll need a mattress from ikea as well as yes, they are european sizes, not UK sizes, as I found to my cost.

agree. Bought our daughters from there and then had to buy the mattress. Love the frame but not the mattress. I then put a normal single quilt on there from Tesco
    :A Tomorrow's just another day - keep smiling
  • Helonearth
    Helonearth Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    I would advise being careful which frame you buy. I bought an 'Aneboda' double bed frame about 6 months ago which isn't used regularly. The weight of the mattress alone has made the frame bend. I think the problem is with the midbeam flexing, so I am going to try putting an extra support underneath the centre of the bed, but just a warning that sometimes the frames are a little too slender for real use. The mattresses however are lovely!
  • Catw0man
    Catw0man Posts: 859 Forumite
    Options
    I've got a Malm bedframe and a normal matress and duvet. The matress looks fine when the duvet is on, as it tucks round the sides, the matress is sunk into the frame, the matress is fine width but a bit shorter than the frame.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure