Ikea Beds???

Options
2»

Comments

• Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Options
    Helonearth wrote: »
    I would advise being careful which frame you buy. I bought an 'Aneboda' double bed frame about 6 months ago which isn't used regularly. The weight of the mattress alone has made the frame bend. I think the problem is with the midbeam flexing, so I am going to try putting an extra support underneath the centre of the bed, but just a warning that sometimes the frames are a little too slender for real use. The mattresses however are lovely!

I have never tried an Ikea bed or mattress. However I do sell beds and mattresses, and from what our customers tell us, it'd the beds that last longer than the mattresses. We supply loads of special size mattresses to people who have bought a bed and mattress from Ikea, but the mattress has worn out after only a couple of years.
  • MaY_2
    MaY_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I have the frame and matress both from Ikea, using the normal duvet set, fitted sheet it a bit of a squeeze but fits just perfect, I think it depends. And unlike the rest of the posters... I quite like the matress and thought it was pretty good, where I come from in Asia, we use the dunlop matresses and this is equally up to standard... good luck
  • James240
    James240 Posts: 16,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ive got an IKEA bed and had to buy an IKEA matress but i got a normal duvet set and it fits just fine :)
    Savings Total so far for 2023: £8,062.58
  • magentadreamer
    Options
    I've an Ikea bed, bought it ten years ago and still going strong. I have used double duvets on it in the past and they've looked fine. I've also got a double patchwork quilt on it which again looks ok. I use flat sheets and not fitted on mine - nearly did myself an injury the first time I tried to squeeze the matteress into one!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport