dvdpanda.co.uk (scammed it seems)

Options
ordered from here a box set for my sons xmas present and it turned up , with a printed home made cover and home made dvd's..... tried it and the quality of the dvd's are so poor its unwatchable. I looked them up on the internet and other people have been scammed also with this.

Now , I have emailed them with no answer ...can I get my money back if I paid with visa debit ?

really dissapointed :(
Kindness costs nothing :)

Comments

• ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Appears to be Canadian
    Domain name:
    dvdpanda.co.uk

Registrant:
    Johnny Roberts

Registrant type:
    Unknown

Registrant's address:
    Lowerboard Lane
    Montreal
    Quebec
    H1N 2B5
    Canada

Registrar:
    GoDaddy.com, LLP. [Tag = GODADDY]

Relevant
    dates:
    Registered on: 30-Aug-2012
    Expiry date: 30-Aug-2013

Last updated: 30-Aug-2012
  • PZH
    PZH Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mirry wrote: »
    ordered from here a box set for my sons xmas present and it turned up , with a printed home made cover and home made dvd's..... tried it and the quality of the dvd's are so poor its unwatchable. I looked them up on the internet and other people have been scammed also with this.

Now , I have emailed them with no answer ...can I get my money back if I paid with visa debit ?

really dissapointed :(

Really wish people would check the "Contact Us" page on ANY site that they wish to use.

This one has no details whatsoever - no phone, no address...
    I looked them up on the internet and other people have been scammed also with this.

Why didn't you do this BEFORE ordering ?

The T&C's on the (very poorly designed) page do state
    13. Governing Law; Forum for Disputes.

These Terms of Use shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Florida without regard to its conflict of laws rules. Any dispute arising under or relating to these Terms of Use or to the Site shall be brought only in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Florida or any state court located in Sarasota, Florida, and you hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts.

So not a UK site. (But, hindsight is a wonderful thing)

You could ask the Debit Card Company to initiate a Chargeback stating that the goods are counterfeit and see what they say- and then report it to Trading Standards as well.
    “That old law about 'an eye for an eye' leaves everybody blind. The time is always right to do the right thing.”
  • mirry
    mirry Posts: 1,570 Forumite
    Options
    because they were recommended by amazon uk , so believed it to be safe. it was on their site. amazon have now removed them.
  • vuvuzela
    vuvuzela Posts: 3,648 Forumite
    Options
    mirry wrote: »
    because they were recommended by amazon uk , so believed it to be safe. it was on their site. amazon have now removed them.

You say 'recommended'. Was it not just an advert on their site ?
  • mirry
    Options
    it had a list of the DVDs I was searching for and said at the bottom get it here at amazons DVDpanda. either way , I took that as legal as did others
  • mirry
    Options
    had email back saying they will refund my money in 5 days time...so I will see. my bank will refund me if not. hope this helps others
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport