We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Halifax One Card - Cashback Points?

I've noticed I'm working up a few cashback points on my credit card... What do these actually do/mean?! :confused:

Comments

  • King_Of_Fools
    King_Of_Fools Posts: 1,665
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Each point is worth a penny. So if you earn 1000 points, at the end of your year you will have £10 credited to your account.

    You will earn points each time you spend on the card so to get a bigger bonus you need to spend more! ;)
  • gsnooks
    gsnooks Posts: 12 Forumite
    I've noticed I'm working up a few cashback points on my credit card... What do these actually do/mean?! :confused:

    Don't get too excited, when I first took out my Halifax one CC I thought I was getting 2% cashback...1 year down the like you can imagine my dissapointment when I thought I was getting £233 pound back....when actually I got £23! :(

    Unless you you're on the 9.9% apr, ditch it and go to someone who'll offer you more....just having my Conran card from November last year I've racked up £32 of cashback....so now they've gone, I've moved to Egg Money...7.9%apr and 1% cashabck (need the visa btw) :)
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    After 5 years and £22K dept, I'm in the black and saving!
    Never give up, the day when you're in the black will be one of your happiest.

    http://grahamsnook.wordpress.com
  • I hardly ever use my credit card, only in emergencies or for buying concert tickets which I pay off straight away on payday! So not that fussed about changing at the moment... Thanks for telling me what the points actually are though!!!!
  • wurley
    wurley Posts: 98
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Halifax have just sent out a change of conditions on thier cashback card.... They'll only pay out cashback if you've earned over £10 in cashback... Here's the worst bit.... They are going to round DOWN to the nearest £5!!! Earn £14.99 and only get £10!!! Surely this is theft of my own money after all I earned the cashback fair and square!!
  • M_Thomson
    M_Thomson Posts: 1,596
    Part of the Furniture
    Forumite
    gsnooks wrote: »
    Don't get too excited, when I first took out my Halifax one CC I thought I was getting 2% cashback

    The most Halifax One has ever given was 1% cashback. Some people now have cards with 0.5% and some people have cards with 0.25% cashback. Newer applicants do not get any cashback at all.
    gsnooks wrote: »
    I've moved to Egg Money...7.9%apr and 1% cashabck (need the visa btw) :)

    I thought Egg Money was a Mastercard?
  • I've just found out my Halifax cashback for this year, £57! That was for persuading the man in the car showroom to let me pay by credit card with no fee! I'll never earn that much again, usually I get about £20...
    I noticed those new terms too, what a swizz, still, as I always pay it off every month it's still an added bonus.
  • King_Of_Fools
    King_Of_Fools Posts: 1,665
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    All it will mean to me is that I will make sure I only just go over the appropriate £10/£5 barrier and then switch to another cashback card for the rest of this cashback year.
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    I also signed up for Eggmoney last night, and will cut up Mr Conran as soon as the cashback is in the bank.
    illegitimi non carborundum
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.