CCL Online (Computers)

Options
Just ordered a printer from this company (CCL Online Computers) and asked and paid for next day delivery. Needless to say its not arrived. Rang and asked where the item was to be told it was not going to be delivered today. I am absolutely stuffed as old printer broken. The company's attutide is unhelpful at best and I would certainly never recommend them and never ever use them again ever.

I so wish I'd never bought from this tin pot company.
If you're not behind our soldiers.....please feel free to stand in front of them!

Comments

• BargainGalore
    BargainGalore Posts: 5,243 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I wouldn't say they are a tin pot company they been going for years and have fairly good feedback. I can understand you would be annoyed maybe you should have bought it locally ie pcworld,currys, comet if you wanted it quickly.
  • PZH
    PZH Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wouldn't say they are a tin pot company they been going for years and have fairly good feedback.

I've never had a problem with them.
    I can understand you would be annoyed maybe you should have bought it locally ie pcworld,currys, comet if you wanted it quickly.

:eek: You'd have to be seriously annoyed to use the companies listed above !!!
    “That old law about 'an eye for an eye' leaves everybody blind. The time is always right to do the right thing.”
  • Empty_pockets
    Empty_pockets Posts: 1,068 Forumite
    Options
    Recently bought from them on a reccomendation.

A little disappointed with their service as it takes ages to get through and when you do, most of the time they tell you something you already know.

To be fair, I got a great product and it was delivered 'next day' as promised.
  • BargainGalore
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 June 2012 at 4:19PM
    Options
    I just gave them companies as an example. I dont use them myself but if I wanted something in a hurry where I live there would be no choice as there are few high street or retail shops where I live.

I have used CCL but my preferred IT company is Scan they win awards for customer satisfaction they won one the other day, two this year

http://www.scan.co.uk/info/awards

phoodless wrote: »
    I've never had a problem with them.

:eek: You'd have to be seriously annoyed to use the companies listed above !!!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I like Scan, as I live in Bolton I can pick up from their warehouse. They are very good
  • BargainGalore
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I wish I lived closer to scan or maybe not I buy more :) I get free postage as I am member of Hexus forums. I get delivery next day it always come next day even when I order at 4pm. I cant fault them even took my monitor back (Dell 24" IPS screen) and replaced it almost a year later for free as it had a fault
  • raineshoe
    raineshoe Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    Have to say I thought next day delivery meant next day. Clearly not in CCL's book. Seems to be whenever they feel like it. I have since spoken to them again on the phone and new updated info is that I asked for a refund for the postage as I had paid for next day to be told that was not possible. Also, told me I opted for the particular postal service which was Parcelforce as it turns out. Asked how I selected Parcelforce on the web site as all I had pressed was for next day delivery, there was no option to select the carrier as would certainly not pick Parcelforce. Lots of spluttering and then "oh your right you can't select the company to deliver". They certainly don't know what they are talking about at all. Horrible company, never again.
    If you're not behind our soldiers.....please feel free to stand in front of them!
  • fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Always think it is frustrating when goods don't arrive when stated, particularly if next day postage is paid for. Must say it is rare to hear bad feedback about CCL.

Dabs are another company who don't know what next day delivery means. In their case it means after you have received the despatched email, even if it takes 3 or 4 days for them to despatch the instock item.

I think they should definately refund the postage cost as they haven't provided the service you paid for.

As for going to a high street store, well if I want something badly/urgent enough, I will always pay a little bit extra, rather than trust delivery.

In the case of items that won't go through the letterbox such as blank CD/DVD's I always wait for an offer and buy from the shop, rather than chance delivery being made.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure