Hi guys,

anyone doing momentis here?

Any good?

Comments

• SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you've just started caramathia do you think that maybe some glib salesman could be pulling the wool over your eyes.
    I hope you can come back in a months time and tell me i was wrong
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • scaredofdebt
    scaredofdebt Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The branding is better than Utility Warehouse, sign me up then!

;)
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
  • Ypaymore
    Ypaymore Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    edited 12 May 2012 at 1:03AM
    Options
    I have been pitched 3 times for this already. I have done the usual research you would do and Momentis is a genuine USA/ Canadian network marketing outfit that are launching in the UK promoting utilities.They are part of www.justenergy.com
    who are listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges ,who have thrown some big money behind it.

I am awaiting some further info i can post here. But what i can tell you is that its not FREE to join,its only FREE to preregister your interest.You still have to pay a joining fee when it launches if you wish to proceed and a monthly admin fee . Plus they have not yet announced joining fees etc yet or produced a UK payplan you can look at,nor have they launched any products you can look at/sell yet.

Its merely an exercise to recruit interested parties. Which is not uncommon in the network marketing industry.
  • scaredofdebt
    scaredofdebt Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Energy was de-regulated in the UK around a decade ago........

Ultimately it all boils down to how competitive the product is, I couldn't find any prices on the site, anyone else?
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
  • Ypaymore
    Options

Ultimately it all boils down to how competitive the product is, I couldn't find any prices on the site, anyone else?

Thats because as i said in my earlier post they have not got any products in the UK you can read about or purchase yet.;)
  • Ypaymore
    edited 12 May 2012 at 4:40AM
    Options
    caramathia. Read the site rules No advertising here or touting for recruits.

To suggest your have several thousand customers customers ready to switch at launch date is nonsense. All you will have is x number of people who have signed up for the pre-launch to become representatives. Whether they would want to continue as representatives and sign up for the service themselves is debatable seeing as they will have to pay possibly £199 to join as a rep an a monthly admin fee .

Your suggestion that using Network Marketing to sell utilities in the UK is ground breaking is also nonsense. Utility Warehouse have been doing it for yonks.
  • billsavings
    billsavings Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    Options

Ultimately it all boils down to how competitive the product is,

and also how they treat there customers given that UK Suppliers have an record of questionable price savings, misselling, and higher prices for low-income consumers etc etc.
  • billsavings
    Options
    I have received a fair bit of Momentis Spam.

Recruiters claim get in now your have the advantage of being one of the first in,yet all they are doing is expanding into the UK,they have been trading for a while in Usa and Canada and have thousands of distributors there who will be above you in pecking order.
  • meggsy
    meggsy Posts: 741 Forumite
    Options
    A search shows that there are many complaints against Just Energy in the US :eek: another thread has already been deleted.
  • billsavings
    Options
    meggsy wrote: »
    A search shows that there are many complaints against Just Energy in the US :eek: another thread has already been deleted.

That was the thread under gas/electricity which one of there people tried to hijack to recruit.

From what i can see they use to door knock in states which caused loads of problem,s, but then switched to the network marketing route.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure