Really Cheap Kitchens

Options
DON"T BUY FROM THESE. They also operate under several other names none of which is registered with companies house. I wasted over £1300 for kitchen units that couldn't be put together, fell apart within 4 months of light use by older couple, had parts missing, had wrong parts sent, had 2 left sides, doors fell off due to poor quality of chipboard used in making the units. If you phone them they won't give you their address and if you want to make a complaint they just cut you off or send you to an unmanned useless number where you can't leave a message. STEER WELL CLEAR. I don't know why the Trading Standards hasn't prosecuted them.

Comments

• paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    If it's the same company as I think it is, the person at the top is Vance Miller. Google the name, you're certainly not the first person to call him a crook http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2008/06/notorious-kitchen-conman-vance.html
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If it IS Vance, believe me Trading Standards had a good try. Cost them a fortune. And one man his job!!
  • SUESMITH_2
    SUESMITH_2 Posts: 2,093 Forumite
    Options
    and how many times has he been on rogue traders and watchdog?

i'm looking for a itchen and came across his site but it looked to good to be true so i did a bit of internet searching and brought up that it was vance miller - that was enough for me to look elsewhere
    'We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time
  • keedasta
    Options
    A lady has been to my house, given me a price that seems amazing, all seems above board but then I call the "switchboard" and ask them for the web address......No-one could give my an actual address just said to google "really cheap kitchens" I told them that there are lots of pages and they said they are all for them????? I asked them what their comanies actual name is and the "manager" who sounded a bot shadey said something something Rossendales hmmmmm

Following these coments in this blog I think I will just stick with the highstreet, thank goodness I have not parted with any cash!
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think the company name would be enough to put me off....
    Je suis sabot...
  • vixsym
    vixsym Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I googled cheap kitchens last Dec & a company called really cheap kitchens came up, so I had look at their sight & saw I could get a free design & quote so I thought why not?!
    The company called me the next day & said a lady called donna would do the design & no obligation quote, so I agreed.
    Donna came out was very friendly & turns out we went to the same design college! (Small world eh!!) She did some measuring & showed us door/worktop samples & a book with ovens/dishwashers/taps/handles for us to choose.
    After we had chosen she did some calculating & we were expecting around £5000 some thing we couldt afford! But we were pleasently suprised when she said under £3000 & then added but if u give £100 deposit today we could have it for £2000 that included bason/taps/double oven/gas hob/ dishwasher/all units/doors/worktops, the lot!! & if we wanted fitting we could arrange that at a cost of £900! We thoughg this was to good to be true, but donna assured us that it was true & the reason it was so cheap is because its a big wearhouse up north & they make & supply 1000s a week so it keeps costs down!
    So we decided to go for it :).......
    We got a call from the company arranging our delivery date & we decided to use a family friend to fit the kitchen, so the payment on the day was £1900.
    The delivery driver called to say he was an hour away & went through all the boxes after bringing them in & ticked them off his list & mine, i paid him the cash off he went & come the weekend the fitter was good to goright?
    Wrong!!!
    1)Our fitter started on the units & discovered half way round that they didt fit, so had to take them all off & cut the back of each by 10ml so they would all fit!
    2)the worktop had no fittings or dye so that ment a trip to b& q holding us back further!
    3)went to put on the doors, to realise there is no holes on the units for the hinges to attach to so means the fitter measuring evey door & unit to make sure they hang correctly another time consuming job!
    4) they sent me to larders measuring 600mm when one was supposed to be 500mm & the other 300mm & the doors to go on the larders measuring 500mm!!
    This was all 2 weeks ago, so still in the process of sorting all this out, it was bank holiday when realised so no answer all weekend! I sent an email that weekend but still had no reply! & when we call we r on hold for at least 20mins each time rolling onto an hour some days!!
    We told them about1) the units not fitting a& were told we should have checked the measurments!!
    About 2)having no worktop fittings or dye & were told they don't supply those!
    3) the units having no holes for the hinges, they said they don't put the holes in as its time consuming & keeps costs down keeping the kitchens cheap!
    4) the larders they said they would deliver the correct sizes today, then called me this morn to say they did not have them in stock & won't until Xmas (its may!!) But they can send me the shelves back top & botton in the right size & I can use the sides I have!! That is practicly a whole larder anyway!! I have agreed to this but they can't tell me when it will be......& the doors i need are not in stock at all so they will let me no when they are......
    The kitchen as a whole is nice & seems to be good quality but is very dirty with black marks & needs a good clean.....the oven & dishwasher are fab & the price if we get our larder & doors is great! I'm gonna hold out a bit longer before I down rate them :) will keep you posted!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure