ucb homeloan payment protection

Options
hi all
had a phone call the other day stting that i could get my ppi back for a ucb homeloan i had ..
i have three questions

1 how do i find out if i did have it
2 how do i contact UCB
3 is it the same procedure as i used for my egg PPI

thank you

Comments

• magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MPPI is normally paid monthly by direct debit - so check your bank statements.

Responsibility, if it is missold, rests with whoever sold you the policy. Since you cannot simply walk into a UCB branch and take out a mortgage like you can with a bank or building society that is likely to mean an intermediary.

Most MPPI complaints are successfully defended because they are monthly premiums rather than single premiums added to the loan.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    had a phone call the other day stting that i could get my ppi back for a ucb homeloan i had ..

Seeing as your personal data, such as what insurances you hold, is not in the public domain, how did this person phoning you know you had insurance?

Also, as it is not the product that is the issue but how it was sold and set up, how did this person phoning know what your conversations were and not documentation was held on you regarding the sale of the insurance?
    1 how do i find out if i did have it

look at your bank statement. MPPI is a monthly direct debit from your current account.
    2 how do i contact UCB

Why would you need to? They wouldnt know what a mortgage broker arranged for you.
    3 is it the same procedure as i used for my egg PPI

No. You complain to the mortgage broker. Mortgage advised sales tend to have much better audit trails (they should do anyway). There should be a factfind, needs analysis and report. All things that do not exist on credit card and loan PPI. Your complaint reasons tend to need to be much stronger and factual and provable with mortgage PPI than the others.

However, it doesnt look like you have a complaint as you dont know you have it and surely you would know if you did as the monthly direct debit going through your bank account would make it obvious.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure