eagle star

Options
i,d like to claim back morgage ppi that was with eagle star but i dont have any paperwork or account numbers any advice on how to get started

Comments

• dilus
    dilus Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    john657 wrote: »
    i,d like to claim back morgage ppi that was with eagle star but i dont have any paperwork or account numbers any advice on how to get started

You need to start with a valid reason to feel you were mis sold the PPI, as you would be complaining on this front. It's not a case of claiming it back because you have paid it in the first place.
    Check out the reasons on the following page

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

If any of the reasons apply to you, you have every right to lodge a complaint.
    Mortgage insurance is not easy to complain about as it was usually essential and very often better advised to suit your needs at the time. It is not upheld anywhere near as much as loan or credit card PPI. Don't let me put you off, if you feel you have a valid reason go for it
    Successes
    Sainsbury's/BOS £6,400 Paid :)
    MBNA £3,600 Paid :)
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MPPI complaints are not generally upheld anyway but in the case of one from Eagle Star, the policy will predate the GISC code - because it was taken over by Zurich in the 1990s and the code did not come into existence until 2001.

The only chance is if it was sold by an employee of Eagle Star (not simply a Representative of its Life Company) or an employee of the lender - AND you can show a missale.

I think that is unlikely.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport