PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

easy biscuit/cake recipe needed urgently

Options
The school is having a raffle and cake stall this afternoon (only school in area that is open today!) I was going to buy my ingredients this morning but because of the snow I couldnt get to Asda. I need to make some easy cakes or biscuits now but cant find any basic recipes. I have a
kenwood chef,
flour,
eggs,
choc chips
butter
milk
but no baking powder.
Probably some other bits lurking in cupboard. Any suggestions please?

Comments

• kal25
    kal25 Posts: 569 Forumite
    Options
    Depends on what sort of flour you have? If you have plain flour you could make shortbread. 4oz plain flour, 4oz butter,2oz caster sugar, alittle vanilla flavouring. Just mix butter & sugar together then add the flour and vanilla. Roll on board cut into shapes/squares. Put in oven at gads mark 4 for approx 15-20mins.
    Or how about choc chip fairy cakes? 4oz of self raisng flour,4oz caster sugar,4oz butter,2 eggs and choc chips. Mix butter & sugar together add eggs then flour, then choc chips. Pour into cake cases. Or two large tins and put together to make choc chip sponge cake? Good luck.
    :smileyhea:heart: Mrs Lea Nov 5th '11 :heart::smileyhea
  • honey
    honey Posts: 703 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How about Queenie's Every Day Biscuits HERE?
    post #125
  • pjs_3
    pjs_3 Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    thankyou! gonna attempt the shortbread now. Just found vanilla essence at back of cupboard. :T
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    100g SR flour
    100g Caster sugar
    100g soft marge
    2 eggs.

Chuck in a bowl, beat together (user food processor/hand mixer/wooden spoon). Add cocoa powder or choc chips or whatever takes your fancy.

Put into small cupcake cases and bake in oven.
    Or pour into greased dish and bake in oven.

Lovely if you add 20g cocoa and choc chips, line a 2lb loaf tin with greaseproof paper and bake in oven. Yum.

Ooops just seen - beaten to it by kal ;)
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • pjs_3
    Options
    done it! A few are a little crispy so i had to eat those.;) . They dont look very impressive compared to what some of the other mums make but at least I tried. Thanks again to everyone who replied.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pjs wrote:
    done it! A few are a little crispy so i had to eat those.;) . They dont look very impressive compared to what some of the other mums make but at least I tried. Thanks again to everyone who replied.

But you ate some of them, and I bet they tasted OK?
  • honey
    honey Posts: 703 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pjs wrote:

Of course! I always "test" my biscuits or cakes ;) research purposes u'know.

Doesn't matter that they don't look very impressive - bet they taste gorgeous.

Well done you x
  • kal25
    kal25 Posts: 569 Forumite
    Options
    honey wrote:
    Of course! I always "test" my biscuits or cakes ;) research purposes u'know.

Doesn't matter that they don't look very impressive - bet they taste gorgeous.

Well done you x

Absolutley, u have to research biscuits and cakes just to make sure they taste ok, wouldn't want them to taste awful would you:rotfl:
    It doesn't matter that they didn't look impressive, the point is you made the effort and they will LOOK homemade,if they looked perfect people might think you'd cheated :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Hope it goes ok, let us know how it went...
    :smileyhea:heart: Mrs Lea Nov 5th '11 :heart::smileyhea
  • pjs_3
    Options
    Just got back. I was there first so got first pick of the lovely cakes. Thats pudding sorted for tonight. Not sure if any of my biscuits sold though!
    Anyway the main thing is we made some more money for the school library fund.
  • SmileyHappyBeing
    Options
    newlywed wrote:
    100g SR flour
    100g Caster sugar
    100g soft marge
    2 eggs.

Chuck in a bowl, beat together (user food processor/hand mixer/wooden spoon). Add cocoa powder or choc chips or whatever takes your fancy.

Put into small cupcake cases and bake in oven.
    Or pour into greased dish and bake in oven.

Lovely if you add 20g cocoa and choc chips, line a 2lb loaf tin with greaseproof paper and bake in oven. Yum.

Ooops just seen - beaten to it by kal ;)

Hiya can anyone tell me what those measurements would be if you were to measure them out in a cup.. i havent got any scales and would like to try making the cake but dont wanna just guess.. by cup i mean like tea cup size (not a mug )

Thanks in advance..
    :j Baby due 8th march:j
    :cool: Little girl born on the 8th of march :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills