Carers and Employment and support allowance christmas paydays enquiry?

Options
Reading lots of posts and threads I am even more confused than before I began searching.

Can anyone explain when I will recieve our payments over christmas as I usually send someone to collect my money.

It states on the tax credits website :

It doesn't matter whether you live in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. If there's a bank holiday anywhere in the United Kingdom, you'll still get your payment earlier.

I am due to be paid on the 28th December 2011 will i get paid that dates or earlier/later?

Any advice much appreciated thank you.

Merry christmas to you all :)

Comments

• CrazyRed
    Options
    I've always found with Tax Credits in particular that if the payment is due on a Bank Holiday then you get the money deposited to your account on the last working day before the BH - normally mine is paid on a Monday, but if there's a BH Monday the following week, I get it on the Friday before.

If you're due on the 28th, I'd hazard a guess that you'll get your money at that point - it's not a Bank Holiday. However, dependent on your Bank (good ol' Natwest!) you MIGHT find the money's available Friday instead.
    PLEASE NOTE:

I limit myself to responding to threads where I feel I have enough knowledge to make a useful contribution. My advice (and indeed any advice on this type of forum) should only be seen as a pointer to something you may wish to investigate further. Never act on any forum advice without confirmation from an accountable source.
  • ConfusingSue
    Options
    thank you and actually I bank with natwest :)
  • CrazyRed
    Options
    In that case, I think you'll find that it'll be available on Friday. If you've got online banking, you can check any time from 5am. Happy Christmas to you, too.
    PLEASE NOTE:

I limit myself to responding to threads where I feel I have enough knowledge to make a useful contribution. My advice (and indeed any advice on this type of forum) should only be seen as a pointer to something you may wish to investigate further. Never act on any forum advice without confirmation from an accountable source.
  • shegirl
    shegirl Posts: 10,107 Forumite
    Options
    Natwest can be funny! I've had my sons DLA paid in late on a friday over christmas before but also had money appear in my account after 4pm on christmas day :S:rotfl:
    If women are birds and freedom is flight are trapped women Dodos?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure