Meaning of "Possible delay in delivery due to extra carrier processing"

Options
I have a parcel which supposed to have been delivered by HDNL on saturday 3rd (no delivery), then on the 10th (no delivery), then maybe today. Ask for two redeliveries myself, and Amazon said they did ask HDNL to deliver on the 10th or 12th. Waiting for it today, but I am doubtful about them delivering today.
They indicated two days ago on the Amazon tracking system that they tried to deliver on the 9th, but they never left a card , so they might have lied.
Today the HDNL website is not working anymore, but before it stopped working it stated that the parcel was in my local depot for the last few days.
Now, I have just rechecked the Amazon tracking system and now it indicates "Possible delay in delivery due to extra carrier processing" from the 5th to the 8th. After that date nothing.
What does that mean? And where the attempted delivery on the 9th has gone?
I have been on the Yodel website, and they list the postcodes which are experiencing the most delays, and mine is one of them.

Comments

• hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How far away from the nearest depot are you? Would it be possible for you to collect, I don't know if that's allowed but may be worth a phone call.
  • babyharry5
    Options
    It means they are so busy they cant cope and you will have to wait even longer! I have waited in many times for citylink whose website states that i wasnt in and a card left, think they just put this when they havent got round to delivering it and need o enter something on the computer! best bet would be to ask if you can collect.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Christmas?
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Spark
    Spark Posts: 817 Forumite
    Options
    So, I have to go all the way there to collect the parcel (at the convenience of HDNL) and spend more money in doing so because HDNL is not capable to do their job and deliver at the convenience of their customers? I don't think so.
    I read somewhere it might mean they lost the parcel but I don't know if it's true.
    I think I will have to ask for a refund or ask them to send the goods again with another courier, but I think in this time of year all couriers are busy not delivering on time.:(
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Spark wrote: »
    So, I have to go all the way there to collect the parcel (at the convenience of HDNL) and spend more money in doing so because HDNL is not capable to do their job and deliver at the convenience of their customers? I don't think so.
    I read somewhere it might mean they lost the parcel but I don't know if it's true.
    I think I will have to ask for a refund or ask them to send the goods again with another courier, but I think in this time of year all couriers are busy not delivering on time.:(

No you don't have to, it may just have been a easier solution for you.
    I've just had my 2nd delivery today from RM, he did his walking round earlier & is now back with the van that is fully loaded.
    Xmas tends to put a lot of strain on all postal workers.
  • Spark
    Spark Posts: 817 Forumite
    Options
    At least with Royal Mail, they leave a card and you have a choice of have a redelivery at your home or at your local post office. But still, I had my bad moments with Royal Mail too, especially when they don't answer the phone at the depot, and then send back your parcel to the seller because they only keep recorded packages for a week. (That happened to me in may 3 times).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure