Funkyfogey/Seasons Holidays Competition

Options
I didn't even know I had entered but this is an email I received.
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]CONGRATULATIONS ON WINNING A MAJOR PRIZE IN THE FUNKY FOGEY GRAND PRIZE DRAW![/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Further to your recent application to join the Funkyfogey web community, I am delighted to confirm that Funkyfogey have advised us that you are one of this month's lucky grand prize draw winners! Congratulations! [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]More than 18,000 British families already enjoy their holiday with Seasons every year - now you can join them. Your Membership, which normally retails for £2950, enables you to enjoy a holiday for up to four people in any luxurious villa, cottage or apartment at any of our resorts in the UK or overseas EVERY YEAR until 2069. You are of course free to surrender your Membership at any time in future years without penalty. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Your prize has been upgraded at no cost from 'Green' to 'Green for Go' status. As a Green for Go member, for the next 3 years you can either book your holiday up to 12 months in advance in any green or yellow period, or alternatively book space for ANY TIME OF THE YEAR AT ANY SEASONS RESORT, subject to availability within 59 days of travel (including school holiday periods). Other benefits include the ability to request additional short breaks throughout the year in the UK, and year round free access to your nearest Seasons leisure club facilities. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Please visit our website for further information about this Membership which is usually sold for £2950: [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]We are proud of our newest resort in the Algarve. To celebrate the official opening of Seasons Alpinus (pronounced Al-peen-ooosh), we are offering winners of the Funkyfogey prize draw a free voucher worth £100 towards the cost of any charter or scheduled flight, when used for travel within three months of activating Membership. Explore the luxury of this superb holiday destination by visiting http://www,seasonsholidays.com and follow links to Portugal Virtual tour.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]To ensure your resorts and club facilities remain in the same standard as you see today, all Members contribute an annual retail price index linked management fee: in 2005 this is only £302 (including all on site utility charges). Your membership will need to be activated within the next 21 days: your Membership card, printed directory and Membership Certificates will be issued within 5 days of activation. You will then be able to book your first Seasons holiday. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]There is a 100% Money Back guarantee if you are not entirely satisfied with your first 7 night holiday and would like to surrender your Green for Go membership - now that's confidence for you![/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]My Customer Service team will be happy to answer any questions you may have about your Membership. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]We look forward to making you feel especially welcome at Seasons.[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Yours sincerely, [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Frances Mitchell
Membership Secretary[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT?[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]* If you have any questions about your Membership please call 0800 448 448 between 11 am and 8 pm Monday to Friday and speak to any Member of the Customer Service Team, or email [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]. Be sure to mention that you are one of the Funkyfogey Prize Draw winners - you will not be required to pay any Membership fee - this is usually £2950!
* We are here to help and welcome any question no matter how silly they may seem. We understand that this is new to you. Membership of Seasons offers so much more than just a week's luxury holiday each year!
* This membership must be activated within 21 days of the date of today's email, or our audit department will re-allocate your membership. You will receive your Membership card, printed directory, holiday booking form and unique Member ID number within 5 days of registration.
* Alternatively, the 2005 management fee of £302 may be submitted by cheque payable to 'Seasons Holidays plc'; please send this to Clare Booth, Administration Manager, Seasons Holidays plc, Ground Floor, 86-90 Victoria Street, St Albans, Hertfordshire AL1 3TG within 21 days of the date of this email. Clare will send you a receipt with your Member's pack and Membership Certificates. Please make sure you provide us with your full name, address, post-code and telephone number. Seasons Management fees now include all on site utility fees so there will be nothing else to pay to when booking your holiday accommodation. If you are not entirely satisfied with this holiday, you can surrender your Green for Go Membership and receive a full refund of your management fee (notification required within 14 days of return from first holiday).
* BOOKING YOUR FIRST HOLIDAY - you can request your first holiday within 5 days of activation, for travel subject to availability at any time in 2005 (yellow and green periods are bookable up to 12 months in advance, all other periods are subject to availability within 59 days of travel)
* Remember that you once you have activated, you will be entitled to request bonus short break holidays, and enjoy year round free access to our leisure clubs.
* Please feel free to call into our Customer Service Centre in St Albans, Hertfordshire (appointment required) if you are in the area to ask any questions or activate your Membership. We are only 3 minutes from St Albans City Station. Please call 0800 448 448 to book an appointment.
* Winners of the Funkyfogey Grand Prize draw are invited to book a holiday at Seasons Alpinus in Portugal. If you book to travel within three months of activating Membership, you will receive £100 free credit from our travel club towards the cost of any charter or schedule flight subject to availability from any UK airport. To qualify for this free credit you must book your flights through our ABTA bonded travel club and stay at Seasons Alpinus. The flight offer is only open to the original prize winner and partner, who should travel together with up to two guests.
* It is very easy to activate your Membership. Simply call 0800 448 448 between 11 am and 8 pm (Monday to Friday) - for your convenience, we do accept both debit and credit cards.
[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]ANY QUESTIONS? PLEASE CONTACT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT ON 0800 448 448 BETWEEN 11 AM AND 8 PM (Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays)
[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Seasons Holidays plc, Ground Floor, 86-90 Victoria Street St Albans Hertfordshire AL1 3TG. Telephone 01727899959, fax 01727 861433, email [/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Registered Office: Rowan House, Brotherswood Court, Bradley Stoke, BRISTOL, BS32 4QW. Registered in England number 3283015[/font]
:) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)

Comments

• mandymack
    mandymack Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    i got the same last month and after the intial excitement I had a good look round their website and did a search on Google, the excitement soon wore off.
    As my dear old Nan would say you get nowt for nowt
    Titch :)
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh well at least you had the initial excitement. After rooming these boards for sometime now I realised straight away that you don't get something for nothing and immediately deleted the email :p
  • drstonk
    drstonk Posts: 200 Forumite
    Options
    I just got an email informing me that i won this as well, have just sent an e-mail to customer services asking where they got my details.
    will inform if and when they reply
    Cymru Am Byth
  • bargain_babs
    bargain_babs Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    me too

I just got an email informing me that i won this as well - sounded too good to be true!
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    Options
    Quite an exclusive little club aren't we. Now where shall we go on our prize trip:j
  • drstonk
    drstonk Posts: 200 Forumite
    Options
    Hi just wanted to tell you that i expressed my doubts to seasons and said that i would check with consumer direct and trading standards before handing over the green and got the following reply.

Dear Mr. Davies,

Thank you for your email about the Funkyfogey Prize Draw and we are
    delighted you are one of the
    lucky winners. I am however sorry you feel somehow let down by your
    Prize win.

More than 18,000 UK families have paid to join Seasons without any
    requirement to pay any kind of
    deposit and all were offered a 14 day cooling off period; more than
    1400 of these purchased low
    season green periods and paid more than £2950 for the privilege.

There are scurrilous comments on various websites, and none of the
    predictions about Seasons
    apparent demise over the last 5 years have been true, Seasons deny all
    of the rumours and
    slanderous remarks posted on gossip sites, which have been set up by a
    crooked individual who is
    milking the public of timeshare resale listing fee through various
    connected businesses.

The site you refer to is an ideal place for failed staff within the
    industry and others to try and
    have a go at Seasons and their industry without any fear of being
    identified. Seasons accept that
    within their industry there are some unacceptable practices and in the
    past they have sometimes
    made mistakes. But they are not prepared to enter into dialogue, and
    nor are we, with anyone
    posting anonymous messages on the website you refer to.

We are confident about Seasons integrity, and professionalism, and the
    loyalty from customers who
    without any pressure have opted to join Seasons, and I have more
    confidence in the opinion and
    support of 18,000 UK families rather than a few ignorant and twisted
    comments put on web notice
    boards.

We have nothing to do whatsoever with holiday packs which are offering
    non property based holiday
    discounts who only survive by making clients undergo high pressure
    sales presentations at the end
    of which you have to pay a non refundable deposit to join. These are
    the kind of practices and
    strategies Seasons have worked hard to get away from and their trade
    body the OTE is in contact
    with the DTI to try and bring regulation and good practice to this new
    sector.

You cannot please everyone, and the Seasons product does not meet the
    needs of everyone and I
    respect your choice to be involved or not be involved. The terms of the
    offer made to you are and
    were quite clear, and I do not understand why you feel this is not of
    any value. It is of course
    your choice not to accept the Membership offer.

On the basis that Seasons have offered a 100% refund of any management
    fee paid upfront if the
    membership and holiday in anyway does not meet your expectations, I
    find it hard to believe where
    there could be any con or benefit to Seasons. Seasons only win if you
    really like their resorts and
    choose to remain a member and possibly purchase more holiday time in
    the future, Seasons will only
    ever be able to do that if you are satisfied with the Seasons holiday
    experience.

All participants are invited to contact Seasons Holidays for a full
    disclosure statement in line
    with the Timeshare Acts 1992 and 1997, and we are more than happy to
    send to all such enquirers the
    60 page directory which fully describes the structure and obligations
    of our club, including
    management fee payments.

I hope this answers some of your questions, if you feel that the Prize
    Draw offer doesn't suit your
    needs, you need do nothing and we will redraw your prize.

Kind regards
    Andrew
    Cymru Am Byth
  • NAR
    NAR Posts: 4,863 Forumite
    Options
    drstonk wrote:
    I just got an email informing me that i won this as well, have just sent an e-mail to customer services asking where they got my details.
    will inform if and when they reply
    Their answer didn't answer your question!
  • HAPPY_CHRIS
    HAPPY_CHRIS Posts: 709 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just received the e mail as well, our 'club' is getting bigger by the day!!
  • rushnowt
    rushnowt Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    Options
    LOL, ohh damn, and there was I thinking that i'd actually won something at last :rolleyes: :(

ohh well back to the drawing board, or at least the comp board :D:D
    Nobody can make you feel inferior, without your permission ;)

Love doesn't make the world go round, it's what makes the ride worthwhile

ya still freezing :p

• Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hang in there Rushnowt. If you are persistant you will win.

I used to enter a lot of competions and got some great prizes plus a steady trickle of smaller prizes. Now my time is more limited as I am a single mum working full time in a demanding job. However I still find odd half hours when I can do some competitions. This year I have won few, but nice prizes. Best of all, I have won a luxury break in the lake district at the kind of hotel I could never afford to go to. We are going the start of May, close to my daughter's birthday. After agonising about what I could do as a special birthday treat (she is becoming a teenager -lol) its all solved. She has chosen pony trekking at stables near the hotel as her treat. With all I am saving on the trip I can afford a full day riding for her, which she will just love.

Local papers are good for competitions as they get less entries than the national ones, so your chances are higher.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure