help with billscutter.com

Options
Hi
I am wondering if anyone has information on billscutter.com, the reason I am asking is that someone rang me at my shop last week and I thought it was Eon to register the electric and in the end if was billscutter.com, is there any get out clause if i have agreed with them a set price for my electric.

Pleas help.

Cheers

Comments

• anybody help me with this
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,938 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think the more pertinent question here is whether you have agreed to move provider through this switching company, because billscutter.com appears to be a cut down version of the likes of USwitch.

So with that in mind, have you agreed to anything at all, and what exactly do you think you've switched? The shop or your home? If home, cooling off period applies.
  • hi
    Its for my shop and they have sent me some information regarding my verbal agreement to sign up with eon. They have set a daily charge.
  • jhp
    jhp Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    edited 27 November 2011 at 5:37AM
    Options
    They are common or garden Utility Broker,s .

Business energy contracts are legally binding with no cooling off period, that means the onus is on you to check the T&C before agreeing to sign up with a provider.

The small biz energy discussion thread is here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2103023

Worth a read : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15818033
  • cathyr_3
    Options
    Hi Doublewhammiesallround

I was called on our business line and tricked in the same way by the same company. I complained to everyone I could think of and got nowhere, because the second call from them was taped. This was the one where I agreed to everything. This meant that the first call claiming to be from a power company wasn't on record and neither was the third call when I became suspicious and started asking questions.
    From a reasonable tariff per unit, the price jumped to a huge amount per month by direct debit when the letter came from the power company that they are obviously employed by. However, when I complained, the power company immediately offered to stop the DD agreement and I said I'd pay by checking the meter myself.
    In the 6 months we've been in the premises, the total cost still hasn't reached the amount PER MONTH that the DD was going to be. I realised it was all commission to the brokers. So, if you've agreed to a DD, try to stop it immediately and pay according to your meter reading every 3 months, in the window of 10 days when you can do so.
    The brokers know which premises are out of contract with suppliers and target them as soon as the Post Office lets them know a new company has moved in. When a business pays to redirect its mail, the info is sold on a disc to whoever wants that info. I complained to the Post Office and got nowhere.
    The Distance Selling Laws don't protect small businesses even though we pay Corporation Tax - it would be good to see some of it used to help us.
  • Clodhopper
    Clodhopper Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 June 2013 at 3:56PM
    Options
    I took a call from this lot last week I think, they said Sainsbury's was the cheapest and best supplier at present. As it happened I was on moneysavingexpert's site looking at energy suppliers and indeed Sainsburys was the cheapest by £36 a year. I agreed to switch, after some question asking, they said were affiliated to uswitch.
    I have a confirmation from uswitch, but it says saved £31, not £36.
    I was a bit concerned at the time and now wish I had just put the phone down. :mad:
    Is billscutter a con then?
    Any advice welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family