Groupon/clouds memory foam

Options
I feel sick and stupid as think I have been had over!!
I have never, ever purchased anything unless it's from a high street retailer until friends started telling me about GROUPON. My husband has been going on about getting this fantastic memory foam to help his back and there on GROUPON was a good offer. I thought it over and friends were telling me they are all above board etc etc so I took the plunge and purchased it. The GROUPON voucher for £59 I paid was through my bank and then the postage(tracking) and 2 extra memory foam pillows for £29.99&postage £6.99 was through my credit card to Clouds Memory Foam. They said to allow 14 days for delievery which is up tomorrow but they would be in touch before hand with my tracking number. I have emailed them twice, they say on their answer phone message that they will answer emails within 24 hours, no reply. I would like some advice PLEASE on, if I don't receive my goods(have a bad feeling) can i re-call my payments back through credit card and bank account, can trading standards do anything as the telephone numbers for Clouds Memory Foam( all 3 lines) just have a recorded message and GROUPON said they will fill in a missing request form next week. This doesn't sound good and feel even worse now as read alot of reviews about both companies. How could I have been so stupid when I haven't got that kind of money to throw away.:embarasse

Comments

• missile
    missile Posts: 11,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There seem to be quite a few complaints recently.

Fortunately I got my vouchers refunded>
    Thanks for your reply. I have now refunded the three vouchers back to your card to the value of £59.00 each. Please allow up to 5 working days for the funds to clear.
    I hope this helps.
    Please let me know if you have any further queries.

I have used Groupon several times and been very pleased, but I don't think I shall be using them in the future.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • fluffnutter
    fluffnutter Posts: 23,179 Forumite
    Options
    You might have had a lucky escape. Memory foam makes you so hot at night it's like sleeping in a sauna.
    "Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell" - Edward Abbey.
  • Dsco1987
    Options
    Cathy, dont panic, this company are just exceptionally slow at delivering.

I ordered the pillows through groupon around four weeks ago and just took delivery today. Very slow delivery, if you contact groupon, im sure they would give you a refund.

I imagine Clouds are snowed under with Groupon orders as it probably generates thousands of orders for them and they cannot keep up with the orders and may be falling behind.

If you are wondering what websites are legitimate, they usually have a safe shopping logo or sign on their website at the bottom of the webpage. This you can then check is a real and registered business that you are shopping online with, not a hoax or scam website. Don't let one bad experience put you off online shopping, stick to the big online stores who have a good reputation
  • marywooyeah
    marywooyeah Posts: 2,656 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    make sure you don't get fobbed off with Groupon Credit though - thats what I was stuck with after getting my "refund" for my bad experience with the "Best" (eg worst!) Boot Camp
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    You might have had a lucky escape. Memory foam makes you so hot at night it's like sleeping in a sauna.

I think its quite a personal thing to be honest, and has a lot to do with the quality of the mattress. Mine was quite expensive and is vented with a cooltop fabric. Neither I nor my OH have ever felt like we are sleeping in a sauna.
  • Chris123643
    Options
    i ordered two pillows from these guys in october and im still waiting! .. I have contacted groupon and im sure they will refund me, but will probably lose the £4.99 i paid for delivery. I have been calling only to hear the same recorded message. Seems they cant handle the kind of orders groupon got them. All a bit unfair for the consumer.

Think i might set up a little company, get a groupon for it, charge everyone £10 delivery, then just move to Spain. Seems like a good little money maker these people are doing.

I feel you have been very unlucky since you are not an experienced online shopper. Problems like this are rare, i have ordered my entire Christmas shopping though the Internet, i have been for years.
  • bsuije
    bsuije Posts: 61 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I ordered a pillow back in October. Got through 2 'We're sorry - we've had too many orders blah blah blah' emails, I think. Rang them (Clouds Memory Foam) up and managed to get through EVENTUALLY and they investigated and said that - a month after my order went in - the pillow was still in 'manufacturing'.

It finally shipped on the 14th December but I had gone home for the holidays (I'm a student) so wasn't there to take on the delivery and the dlivery company obviously didn't know about the campus post room... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Now trying to get in touch with them again to see how I can get the pillow re-delivered... *sigh*

My advice would be to only ever use Groupon if its deal is for a well-known shop (e.g. the LoveFilm offer is incredible!!); it seems to me that a lot of the offers come from companies that have been created just for Groupon orders...
  • DJDOLLY
    Options
    I ordered the pillows too in October and still havn't got them. What I did get on the 2nd January though was a very cheeky email asking me for my feedback following delivery of my order! They know it hasn't been delivered yet but are using yet another stall tactic. I understand that they are dis-organised and flippant in nature, however I don't think that after this many complaints Groupon should allow them to advertise with them again because it's giving Groupon a very bad name.

I wonder if anyone has gone and knocked on their door in Regent Street? If I lived in London I would have done by now!
  • vuvuzela
    vuvuzela Posts: 3,648 Forumite
    Options
    DJDOLLY wrote: »
    I ordered the pillows too in October and still havn't got them. What I did get on the 2nd January though was a very cheeky email asking me for my feedback following delivery of my order! They know it hasn't been delivered yet but are using yet another stall tactic. I understand that they are dis-organised and flippant in nature, however I don't think that after this many complaints Groupon should allow them to advertise with them again because it's giving Groupon a very bad name.

I wonder if anyone has gone and knocked on their door in Regent Street? If I lived in London I would have done by now!

You'd have wasted your journey. Their 'office' in Regent Street will simply be a mailing service covering hundreds if not thousands of company names.
  • Jeff_Bridges_hair
    Options

I sweat terribly in mine and it has a proper top to it also.. Then again I am quite athletic before bedtime...

I notice the groupon rep has not been around for a while - so you think they are overwhelmed by all the complaints they are getting?
    "If you no longer go for a gap, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure