🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Karens back to living diary...

Options
I have tried over and over again to get focussed and debt free and also lose a few stone but always get bogged down in life and chuck it all in then pounds go on £ go up and head goes deeper in the sand.....So ive decided not to wait till the new year and do the new year start thing I do every year and take the sheep(im welsh )lol by the horns and start this weekend,I have a list to make a start on and got a very long 16 hour shift where I am alone and can basically do what I fancy so thats where I can set my goals and calculate exactly what I owe and and too whom and to organise christmassy bits...I think I need 60 not 16 hour shift lol:eek:
£228/£400 dec groc challenge...

Comments

• sephrenia
    sephrenia Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    Hey there,

I'm doing the same sort of thing as you are, dragging my head out of the sand only, I have The Husband and two minions of evil to drag with me. I'm subscribing to your diary to sort of cheer you along. Good luck! :o
    DFD: 2017 :eek: | Savings: £1 :o

Save £5k in 2012: £0/5000
  • ebayqueen_2
    ebayqueen_2 Posts: 1,175 Forumite
    Options
    All the best ShrinkingSS
    You will get lots of help and support here. Check out the various monthly challenges.

Good luck
    E

hI SEPHRENIA:)
    Can you explain what your avatar means please
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" :) C. S. Lewis
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well Done for making a start.....go for it!!

I've subscribed to your Diary so I'll try and keep up with you and I'll hope to cheer you on... ;)
  • Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Options
    Your name drew me to your thread....for obvious reasons! (great name ;))....reading your first post struck a chord as I could have quite easily wrote it myself.

Have subscribed and look forward to seeing your new goals. x
  • mizmir
    mizmir Posts: 3,710 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hey Karen - I can so relate to that. Have been on MSE for more years than I care to remember - and more than once I have cut and run because life got in the way. Not surprisingly my debt has not gone down (has gone up a bit :o) but I have also pulled my head out of the sand and am determined to get shot of it once and for all.

Good luck with your goal setting - look forward to hearing all about it.
  • sephrenia
    sephrenia Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    ebayqueen wrote: »
    All the best ShrinkingSS
    You will get lots of help and support here. Check out the various monthly challenges.

Good luck
    E

hI SEPHRENIA:)
    Can you explain what your avatar means please

I can't see my avatar so I had to go into the user CP to see it. I'd forgotten I had it!

It was when I was really mad at my local church and the people who were supposed to be caring and helpful turned their back on me almost en-masse and it was like watching the Borg on Star Trek, all acting as one that made me use it when I came across it.

I should probably change it now you've pointed it out to me :o
    DFD: 2017 :eek: | Savings: £1 :o

Save £5k in 2012: £0/5000
  • :eek:WOW, I never once thought I was alone in my situation, but never thought anyone would be interested, so a massive thankyou!!!

Anyone along for the ride or about to start please feel free to advise comment dissaprove freely as I know im my worse enemy sometimes well actually a lot of the time lol....

Anyway a little about me, Im Karen I turned 40 in March live in South Wales, am very overweight but not as overweight as I was last year so thats a bonus, I am married to a wonderful guy Andrew and we have a 4 year old son who is my true blessing in the world, I also have a 24 year old son who lives with us and I have a 22 year old son who lives with his dad and I have a stepson who is 14 who we have when he feels like at the mo,so 5 boys and me lol:cool:,we live in housing association house which i had since new 10 years ago its a secure tenancy so we have security there without the added expenses of a mortgage which isnt perfect but suits us....I work fulltime in a taxi office and DH works part time locally...My MIL helps out when our shifts clash and to be honest she is around loads....

Right on the losing lbs front, I have been every size from a 10-36 at least 3 times have suffered with depression and gained and lost approriately to my frame of mind so many times I could write a book lol but this time I am going to get my goal, I joined weight watchers years ago and starved my way from 27 stone to 24 stone 7lb where i then joined slimming world and have lived and loved it down from 24 stone 7lb to 20 stone 3 1/2lb this wednesday, still a fat a~se but a smaller one lol my goal this side of new year to aim for 18 stone anything or as close too so 9 weeks to get there or as close too .......

The £'s side is a little more tricky, ive added up and taken away for hours last night snd almost drove myself bonkers but the total is either just under or just over £5.000:eek: £2.000 of that is a loan with credit union we took out to help pay for the wedding, £1.000 of that is a barclays loan we took out to pay for 1 of those dreaded train2gain plumbing course hubby was promised the earth but that was an expensive scam, :cool: I wish we had fallen for the timeshare in Cyprus on our honeymoon instead :rotfl: but we live and learn eh....

So my plan is to keep on target to pay all the stupid bills ive run up catalogues and junk mainly which annoys me more than that train2gain loan !!!! but I cant do anything about them i bought the stuff I now have to pay it back my no1 target is Maris0ta which has a pathetically high APR and to clear our arg0s card which altho isnt an awful lot its bugging me,my hubby dont worry about money whatsover has recently realised how much he spends willy nilly and is on board 70% paying bills off etc,but would rather i dealt with it.....

Challenges im joining in are the
    1/weekly spending challenge...
    2/november grocery challenge...
    3/virtual savings challenge...
    4/sealed jar challenge...
    5/flylady challenge
    6/slimmingworld winter 1 ...

after xmas going to join the money nuetral one for christmas challenge , for next year.
    talking about christmas im 90% there and stupidly ive just had my love2shop vouchers delivered(see i am good sometimes ) so what im going to buy out of them is beyond me lol

Anyway thats a little plan ive got now its time to put it into place .....Karen x
  • Your name drew me to your thread....for obvious reasons! (great name ;))....reading your first post struck a chord as I could have quite easily wrote it myself.

Have subscribed and look forward to seeing your new goals. x

I just sent my DH a text saying life isnt worth living without kit kats lol so i agree , i think a lot of us are in the same boat running from truths of some kind im more a crisp addict lol
  • MIZMIR THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT and would love to know how you lot amazingly make £10 a day it baffles me completely but would love to do that challenge i may have to dig a little deeper...Sephrinia good luck on your evil changing lol and ....Ebay queen thanks millions i need all the support i can get lol.... And dreamerHelen i so love that name and you are doing so so well changing your life ...

Well im going to bed now and dream about fluffy things x
  • gattina
    gattina Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck :-) Hope it goes well - It can be done!!
    (From £9000 in 2008)
    Overdraft = 0.00
    Credit card = £833.00

Debt free aim 30th December 2011
    37 days to go!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income