Groupon Malta Deal - timeshare!

Options
Hi folks,

A bit of advice needed.

On Saturday I was one of the 223 people who purchased the Groupon deal to the Radisson Blu resort & spa in Malta.

It's a fantastic looking place, although according to reviews, a bit remote. I went for the 5 night option.

In the small print it says that guests have to attend an informal meeting about island residence clubs products & services. I saw this, and have no problem with it.

However, I have now read various reports and reviews and essentially this is a timeshare promo holiday. Now I wouldn't buy a timeshare and some people seem to say "avoid like the plague" whereas others have said that it's fine and at this resort they don't really bother you.

I am however, a bit annoyed that it did not clearly state on Groupon that this was a 'timeshare promo offer'.

I am now not sure what to do.

Do I:

a) cancel and get a refund of my £149 for my 5 night stay (I can do this within 7 days)

or

b) Go for it.

Has anyone any experience of this and/or this resort?

:)
26/09/2017 - Started comping again. Wins so far: 1!
11/10/17 - Capture Kill Release on DVD

Comments

• thamespirate
    Options
    Hi i did a malta radisson free holiday a couple of years back , i would go for it just dont buy the timeshare , you will have to go on a presentation which you get a tour of the resort which is very nice , but at the end just say no NO , they do leave you alone after that , then on the last day they ask you to sign a form saying you where not pressured at all, here they try to make another offer , just say thanks but no, be polite enjoy the holiday we did , and we did not buy the timeshare.
  • AMILLIONDOLLARS
    Options
    I'd cancel, they will try to get you to buy, you've said yourself that its a remote location, how on earth will you be able to escape the constant sales pitch??

AMD
    Debt Free!!!
  • thamespirate
    Options
    Also need to add we stayed at golden sands resort , they must of sold all the shares now on a new resort. they work on the assumtion a batch of people every week through the door if they sell half its a result ,
  • Irishorangutan
    Options
    I'd cancel, they will try to get you to buy, you've said yourself that its a remote location, how on earth will you be able to escape the constant sales pitch??

AMD

The remote location does worry me too. I'm really torn on this one now!!
  • Irishorangutan
    Options
    I've cancelled. It does sound fantastic and I'm sure it's not a huge deal, dealing with the sales pitch. However, Groupon didn't state that this was a time-share promo deal and I could have picked one of those up elsewhere for about the same price or less.

Thanks to both of you for your advice. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport