Help: Problem with park christmas savings

Options
Hi.

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong place. I'm not sure where else to post as it is a savings problem. Mods, feel free to move if needed. Anyway, my problem? I ordered some vouchers at the begining of the year for christmas 2012. I only ordered for myself, no one else, due to having problems with previous customers paying.

Anyway, long story short, I didn't pay anything into them. I had originally ordered £400 worth. My mam asked if she could order some for christmas 2013. I said no problem. Logged onto my account last week to order some for her as the new book is out and obviously they had suspended it due to none payment. It stated that i would need to make a payment of £370 to lift the suspension. I waited until yesterday to pay the £370 as requested. I didn't mind paying it as i had money for christmas presents for my 3 kids so figured i would be getting it back in voucher form in a couple of weeks anyway. I logged onto the account this evening to pay the further £30 so they were all paid for only to be greated with the message
"Sorry. Your account is currently closed. Please call our Careline to discuss this further on 08457 678 933. Opening times are Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm." Now obviously, this is VERY worrying to me. I've checked my account, and the £370 has deffinatly left my account. My account was not closed yesterday, just suspended.

As stated, they are not open until monday, so i'm not going to probably spend the rest of my weekend worrying about this. I can not afford to lose £370. Has anyone got any idea at all what has/might/will happen?? I have emailed them and will call them on Monday, but i would appreciate any advice for anyone here if any of you amazing people have any! :D

xxx
Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350

Comments

• bigfreddiel
    Options
    I've never understood these xmas saving clubs - what is the point?Do you get interest or do you buy vouchers at a less than face value?

Whats so hard about about opening a high interest account and using that?

cheers

fj
  • CountingPennies
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I used to do it because i made commision for a few years, then last year i had problems getting payments from some people so this year the plan was just to get my own as i couldn't be bothered with the hassle. The problem with me getting a interest account is you can withdraw funds when you like can't you? Well with my past habbits this was no good for me as i would have spent it well before christmas. What you pay in for vouchers is what you get back, so know you do not buy at less than face value. But the commision was always handy that i got.

Now... back to topic... Can anyone shed any light on my problem?

Thanks! :D

• atush
    atush Posts: 18,726 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You will have to contact the company by phone/leter. I suspect your Acct is suspended due to inactivity/nonpayment in full?

Next trime, just open a seperate acct for xams, reven get an xmas acct at tesco by saving stamps (there is at least some interest via a free stamp or two).

Using a company like Park really usn't a good idea.
  • 6022tivo
    6022tivo Posts: 781 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 30 September 2011 at 11:50PM
    Options
    You have PM.

Things will be fine, please have a good weekend.
  • CountingPennies
    Options
    atush wrote: »
    You will have to contact the company by phone/leter. I suspect your Acct is suspended due to inactivity/nonpayment in full?

Next trime, just open a seperate acct for xams, reven get an xmas acct at tesco by saving stamps (there is at least some interest via a free stamp or two).

Using a company like Park really usn't a good idea.

Payments are all up to date. Account was suspended as said in my original post but after payment it was closed. I have saved up this year with Tesco as it happens as i signed up to the clubcard savings club and currently have £300 saved.

I've never had a problem with Park. I have never used it for hampers or other goods because i find they are overpriced, and only ever save for vouchers which what you pay is what you get. Nothing more, nothing less. And as long as my problem is resolved i will carry on using park. They had to change the way they invested their money after Farepark went bust and now your money is fully protected.
    6022tivo wrote: »
    You have PM.

Things will be fine, please have a good weekend.

Thanks so much for taking the time to PM me. As said in the PM reply, it is looking like it is maybe an internet glitch because i can login to my account from a diferent page. I will let you know the outcome.

• CountingPennies
    Options
    Got an email this morning to say sorry for the confusion, and that my account was now back up and running. *RELAXES* :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family