🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

email address for Peter Penfold - British Gas?

Options
mrbadexample
mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
:hello:

I don't suppose anyone has an email address for Peter Penfold, Head of Debt at British Gas?

I sent a complaint letter to him by recorded delivery on 11th Jan, but it's not showing as delivered on the Royal Fail website. :mad:

I'd like to email it to him as a back-up...

Cheers,

MBE
If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comments

• bloomin_freezing
    Options
    PLease let us all know what it is if you manage to get hold of it. I wanted to email a British Gas department last week and was told the Bankruptcy Team don't have their own email address. How poor is that, I mean such a huge company that is British Gas, it left me flabberghasted!
    Fight for clean hospitals, C-DIFF takes lives :cry:

Baby number 2 due 27th March 2009!:j
  • mrbadexample
    Options
    When I asked the (actually quite competent!) chap on the phone, he said he didn't have one.

"Come on" says I, "You don't expect me to believe he has no email address?"

"Well, he has but I'm not allowed to give it out."

So the bloke writes to me (it's his name on the bottom of the letter), and I can't communicate with him. Great! :j
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I wrote to him (Peter Penfold) a few months and also copied it to Mr. Joe Dyer, Director of Customer Services at BG.

The only response I got was a woman phoned a few weeks later saying that my query was being dealt with and rest assured I would not receive any further threatening letters, which of course I did!

Phoned yet again and spoke to a very helpful lady in the billing section who actually zeroed my account whilst I was on the telephone. Haven't heard anything since, so presume all is well now.

However, I agree with you that it is pretty disgusting when you take the time and trouble to write a long detailed letter to two "high ups" in BG and are totally ignored - VERY RUDE of them. Needless to say, I would not return to BG under any circumstances - unless of course the gas was free!
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

• mrbadexample
    Options
    digp wrote:

Well done that [STRIKE]man[/STRIKE] person! :T

I hit the thanks button loads of times but it only registered once. :(
  • notanothergreyhair
    Options
    :hello:

I don't suppose anyone has an email address for Peter Penfold, Head of Debt at British Gas?

But does this person actually exist? Some utility companies use a pseudonym for written communication.
    :p I'm the only gay in this forum :p
    *Everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads*
  • mrbadexample
    Options
    But does this person actually exist? Some utility companies use a pseudonym for written communication.

No idea. But if that's the name on the letter, they can't exactly ignore it can they?

"Oh, sorry, we can't respond to your complaint because we made that person up." :rolleyes: :rotfl:
  • BBB
    BBB Posts: 258 Forumite
    Options
    I work for BG, if you want to email anyone just put their name like

jim.smith@centrica.co.uk

nice and easy.

Also, if you have any Gas/Ele issues that are credit meters and you are at your wits end, email me and I'll see what I can do :)
    :beer:
  • mrbadexample
    Options
    BBB wrote:
    I work for BG, if you want to email anyone just put their name like

jim.smith@centrica.co.uk

nice and easy.

Does that mean the .com address (above) won't work? I haven't had a reply yet...
  • dc
    dc Posts: 2,547 Forumite
    Options
    Does that mean the .com address (above) won't work? I haven't had a reply yet...
    If the email was not returned it wil have arrived in someones inbox at centrica.com. If I were you I would also send a copy to .co.uk as well.

I use this technique all the time with results. It is suprising how many companies personnel emails have addresses with a full stop or underline between the lower case Christian name and the surname, @ company website. If the email address doesn't exist the message will be returned by a Postmaster.
    :j Power to the people. :beer:
    ac's lovechild
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills