Pocket Landline / One Net Express Alternatives?

Options
Can anyone recommend any alternatives to Orange's Pocket Landline or Vodafone One Net Express?

I'm basically after a local geographic number to be routed to a mobile phone without a massive tie in period (ideally rolling monthly).

I know there are a few companies doing VOIP routing them to mobile but aren't sure how reliable they are any don't know anyone with any experience of them.

Would be interested in hearing if there are any companies to avoid or any that are good and if anyone has any experience with pocket landline or one net express?

Comments

• Snakeeyes21
    Snakeeyes21 Posts: 2,527 Forumite
    Options
    notafan wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any alternatives to Orange's Pocket Landline or Vodafone One Net Express?

I'm basically after a local geographic number to be routed to a mobile phone without a massive tie in period (ideally rolling monthly).

I know there are a few companies doing VOIP routing them to mobile but aren't sure how reliable they are any don't know anyone with any experience of them.

Would be interested in hearing if there are any companies to avoid or any that are good and if anyone has any experience with pocket landline or one net express?

If you have a phone with a data package that has apps like android or iphone you can get a free number from say sipgate.co.uk get a softphone app for your phone like sipdroid, 3cx etc etc

incoming calls to that 'landline' number will be free then, itll just take a bit of data, outgoing calls will be cheap too if done through the app, sipgate do 1000 minutes for £5 something a month.
  • notafan
    notafan Posts: 269 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for both the replies, i did see the other thread and had a look at sipgate - anyone know how reliable these are? Do they ring like a normal phone - can you tell as a caller its any different to ringing another number?

Do they do an option to actually forward the call to a mobile instead of just using a data allowance - say you don't have 3g signal or anything?

Not sure i want to be totally reliant on my phones data connection instead of cellular reception.
  • texranger
    texranger Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    Options
    notafan wrote: »

have you tried flextel.com i have a local geographic number 0191 redirected to my mobile.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure