bonnet catch for Citroen C8 ??

Options
soolin
soolin Posts: 72,204 Ambassador
Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
OH has a Citroen C8 nearly new and needs to find the bonnet catch to open the bonnet and refill windscreen washer bottle.

Despite everyone looking at manual it is just not apparent where the catch is inside the car, is there anyone out there with a Citroen C8 who can tell us where the internal bonnet release catch is...please.

Soo
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• goonieman
    Options
    Every car i've every had has had the release somewhere around the drivers footwell (normally on the right side)
    There are 10 types of people in the world.

Those that understand binary and........oh sod it, it's not funny anyway!
  • saintjanet
    Options
    On some citroens its on the passenger side footwell,dont know if its the case with the c8 though.
    :) There are two sides to every story.
    I am not a SAINT just a saints supporter(saints RLFC)Grand final winners 2006.World club champions 2007.
  • zappahey
    zappahey Posts: 2,252 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another forum suggests:
    It is at the side of the front passenger seat (left hand side of car) under a big plastic cover with a picture of a car with the bonnet up!
    What goes around - comes around
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,204 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks everyone, we're going to give it a try tomorrow. The manual has no picture but just mentions removing the panel..so it rather sounds like you suggest zappahey. OH didn't fancy trying to pull off panels without knowing what he was doing.

I've got a C3 and my bonnet release catch is much more obvious!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure