Dreamsaver Wedding Insurance

Options
Has anyone used dreamsaver wedding insurance? I can't find any reviews of them anywhere. I like the look of them as they say they will cover pre-existing medical conditions (for the bridal party and close relatives).

My youngest sister has several health problems, that are well controlled by her medication, however every now and then she comes down with something or suffers a sever seizure that means her going into hospital. Something as simple as a cold can turn into full blown pneumonia within a day or two.

So it is very important to me to find insurance that will cover us should the worst happen and she takes ill when we are getting married. If she is in hospital when we are due to get married, then we would postpone the wedding.

So if anyone has any reviews about dreamsaver, or any other suggestions of who will cover us, please let me know, thanks x

Comments

• trying_2_b_good
    Options
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge #148 - £59.93
    Crazy Clothes Challenge # 103 - £84/£200 £30 Coat/£12 shirt/£23 jeans/£6 t-shirt/£13 2 x tops
    Shoes £79/£100: Cowboy boots, canvas pumps, re-heal boots/ £25 safari shoes
  • bride2be2012
    bride2be2012 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    thanks, I've already checked them and they can't cover me.
  • donnap83
    donnap83 Posts: 540 Forumite
    Options
    I've taken out insurance with them quite recently, but I haven't made a claim, and I hope I won't have to. Sorry I can't help, but bumping the thread in the hopes that someone else can help.

Have you tried calling them?x
    :oGetting married 23rd June 2012!!:o
  • HelenPie
    Options
    Bizarrely, the trading name Dreamsaver Wedding Insurance (part of Voyager Insurance Services) only has an effective date of 1st August 2011 on the FSA website.

I am looking at this company too, so may look into the parent company for reviews.

Did you book with them in the end?

H x
    :j
    Debt Free By Xmas 2013 #010 £16,660.26/£16,660.26 100% paid, DFD 25/06/13! :D
    :j
  • ju1i3_2
    ju1i3_2 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.which.co.uk/money/insurance/guides/do-i-need-wedding-insurance/wedding-insurance-rated/

I've just started to look into wedding insurance and saw that report.
  • ConfusedBride
    Options
    I have recently got engaged and we are all systems go as we plan to get married in October 2012.

Before we book anything, we wanted to take out wedding insurance, just in case anything should go wrong. After a lot of research, Dreamsaver wedding insurance is looking like the best option for us as we wanted something that would cover costs in case of redundancy as there was a bit of uncertainty late last year with my job and we don't want to get into any problems paying balances once we've booked suppliers, venues, etc in case that should happen again.

It doesn't look like any of the other companies provide that cover, but we are really keen to hear reviews from anybody who has dealt with Dreamsaver wedding insurance before we commit to it.

I've seen some good reviews for ecclesiastical, but it doesn't look like redundancy is covered in their policies? Does anybody know any different?

Thanks in advance for any help
    ConfusedBride :undecided
  • Mrs_Moore_To_Be
    Options
    We used dreamsaver insurance, took the policy in 2010 (luckily didnt need to claim). Have reccoimneded it to a colleague and she has taken it too although the price has increased slightly since we took our policy.
    x
    :heart2: Got Married on 30/4/11 :heart2:
    Joined SW 12/7/12...
    -4.5, -3 (1/2 Stone award), STS, -1.5, STS, -2 (SOTW)
  • lovecake
    lovecake Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    I have recently got engaged and we are all systems go as we plan to get married in October 2012.

Before we book anything, we wanted to take out wedding insurance, just in case anything should go wrong. After a lot of research, Dreamsaver wedding insurance is looking like the best option for us as we wanted something that would cover costs in case of redundancy as there was a bit of uncertainty late last year with my job and we don't want to get into any problems paying balances once we've booked suppliers, venues, etc in case that should happen again.

It doesn't look like any of the other companies provide that cover, but we are really keen to hear reviews from anybody who has dealt with Dreamsaver wedding insurance before we commit to it.

I've seen some good reviews for ecclesiastical, but it doesn't look like redundancy is covered in their policies? Does anybody know any different?

Thanks in advance for any help
    ConfusedBride :undecided

Hello,

Redundancy is covered by covermywedding.co.uk
    redundancy, where notice is received at least 8 weeks after the issue of the policy and qualifying for payment under the current redundancy legislation, of the bride or groom or any Close Relative who would have made proven,
    significant, financial contributions on which the Wedding arrangements depend

Debenhams offer the same as covermywedding

and E&L say this:
    Unemployment of the bride, groom, either civil partner or any
    parent or guardian making a proven financial contribution of at least 80% of the total wedding costs, who qualify for redundancy payment under current legislation. The date of the redundancy must be at least 90 days after the inception of the cover.

So I think that means they would only cover you if you were contributing 80% of the costs. :)
  • lovecake
    lovecake Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    ConfusedBride - it looks like Ecclesiastical do cover redundancy - they say in their policy wording that they won't cover you for lack of funds to continue with the wedding or reception unless following compulsory redundancy, where notice is received at least eight weeks after the issue of the certificate and qualifying for payment under the current redundancy legislation, of the bride, groom or either civil partner or any of their relatives who would have made proven, significant, financial contributions on which the wedding arrangements depend..

bride2be - I hope you can find someone that will cover you! I would maybe do a ring round of the popular ones like E&L, Ecclesiastical, and Debenhams - they should be able to tell you fairly quickly if they can cover you or not. Good luck :)
  • tfutcher
    tfutcher Posts: 190 Forumite
    Options
    I have used dreamsaver wedding insurance for my upcoming wedding. They were actually recommended to us by our venue (as we needed public liability insurance) so I felt reassured by this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure