Everyday Loans PPI

Options
HI,

Situation:

I took out a loan of £600 loan with Everyday Loans last year I think May 2010. I attended their offices and I was originally told in a rather aggressive sales manner that all loans with them came with 'compulsory PPI'. I did not read the agreement thoroughly enough and signed the loan agreement.

I made my first payment of £75 to them a month after. two months after that I was unexpectedly made redundant in July 2010. Following the financial implications I advised Everyday Loans I could not afford monthly payments due to termination of employment and offered a reduced payment. They refused outright and so began a chain of negotiations on my part.

As my financial situation deteriorated being unemployed and all I did research and looked at my options. I entered into a DMP with CCCS in September last year and they deals with Everyday Loans on my part. They refused the offer but still took the £58 payments CCCS were making on my behalf through Oct 10, Nov 10, Dec 10 whilst still charging interest and late payment charges!!

They only froze interest & charges in March 2011!! And i have been making payments to them of £58 since Sept 10. In total £406. Now I do not understand how they can get away with this?? I called them earlier this month and was quoted a figure of £1,123 but upon receiving my statement from them the figure to date is £2,215!

I noticed PPI payments of around £10 a month since Aug 10 which has amounted to £90!! I have written a complaint based on their appalling treatment of me and their bamboozling charges & interest but am yet to send it to them!!

I am still unemployed but have a £10 a week job and working like a Trojan to find a job and improve my skills, training & do courses where I can. WOULD I BE ENTITLED TO CLAIM BACK FROM PPI FROM EVERYDAY LOANS THAT I WAS MIS SOLD AND BEGUILED INTO TAKING OUT WITH THE ORIGINAL LOAN?

I do not have the best credit rating due to moving around a lot as I emigrated from Africa etc.

I would appreciate any advice?

Many Thanks

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi there, if you had ppi and you lost your job, you more than likely could not have claimed on this as i think you have to be in full time employment for i think 6 months? i could be wrong.
    If you think you have reasons for mis sell then take a look here

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#step2
    If any/all apply to you then put a claim in.
    If you win then this amount will be taken off your DMP.
    This will be a good thing as your debt will reduce.

With reference to the interest and late charges, i am afraid they can do this as you were not making the contractual payment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure