Nightfreight nightmare

Options
I ordered 3 doors and organised delivery for this Monday. The company I bought them from could not specify am or pm delivery, neither could their courier company provide weekend deliveries, so I took a days annual leave to sit in all day and wait. Nightfreight arrived with 3 of the 2 doors. The men refused to wait for me to check (the doors were glass panelled) and told me it was the suppliers fault the other door was missing as it has ben sent seperately. They could not give a time for the missing door to turn up. I called the suppliers and when they spoke to Nightfreight was told the third door was sent to Ipswich (I live in Exeter) by mistake and the drivers had lied. They promised 12 noon delivery the following day.

I then took another day off work and sat in. At 1.30pm I called Nightfreight to check only to be told it had not left Ipswich but would be with me tommorow. I have limited annual leave and certainly cannot sit in all day at their convenience and am now on day 3 of wasted leave. Beware do not use, the doors arrived covered in spilt brown paint and with tears in the packaging. The drivers were disinterested and apathetic and the customer service is pants.

Comments

• isplumm
    isplumm Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    iscamaid wrote: »
    I ordered 3 doors and organised delivery for this Monday. The company I bought them from could not specify am or pm delivery, neither could their courier company provide weekend deliveries, so I took a days annual leave to sit in all day and wait. Nightfreight arrived with 3 of the 2 doors. The men refused to wait for me to check (the doors were glass panelled) and told me it was the suppliers fault the other door was missing as it has ben sent seperately. They could not give a time for the missing door to turn up. I called the suppliers and when they spoke to Nightfreight was told the third door was sent to Ipswich (I live in Exeter) by mistake and the drivers had lied. They promised 12 noon delivery the following day.

I then took another day off work and sat in. At 1.30pm I called Nightfreight to check only to be told it had not left Ipswich but would be with me tommorow. I have limited annual leave and certainly cannot sit in all day at their convenience and am now on day 3 of wasted leave. Beware do not use, the doors arrived covered in spilt brown paint and with tears in the packaging. The drivers were disinterested and apathetic and the customer service is pants.

Hi ... I wouldn't be complaining to Nightfreight - I would complain to the company you bought the doors off.

By the way, I suspect that what the drivers were saying was most likely true - I am not sure how you expect them to know where a completely different door is? They will only know what is on their van.

Mark
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • sunnysea83
    sunnysea83 Posts: 1,351 Forumite
    Options
    I ordered something on ebay, the seller used nigthfreight, the item was delivered to my work on 1st floor, which has a lift, we have an intercome system to let people in the building, the driver of nightfrieght came in and then waited down stairs in the hall because he wasnt allowed to bring it up to the 1st floor, not even in the lift, so i had to struggle with an item twice my size and extremely heavy in the lift to get the item up to my floor at work! i have to say i wasnt impressed and have never had this with any other courier who are extremely helpful

when i asked why he couldnt bring it up stairs in the lift for me he replied company policy!
  • eco
    eco Posts: 1,147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I work for a company that uses Nightfreight, they do my head in, complain to the company where you got the doors, they can do a claim on Nightfreight's system, if the doors are damaged they can be charged for the damage. Any company that use them would want to know you weren't happy.
  • tommyknocker
    Options
    google 'nightfreight complaints', there are similar tales of woe.
  • unimatrix1
    Options
    All is I can say about this company is very poor indeed, was due a collection today between 8am-6pm booked the day off work to wait in for them and gave them a call at 5pm when I thought they are not going to come they put me on hold to check whats happening and apparently the driver was not able to make it because he was delayed so they have rescheduled it for tomorrow... They did not even let me know or ring me about this.. Ive lost a days wage and also paid the full price on a service that ive not received.
  • mad_dr
    mad_dr Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    Have a read of this - there's some very useful advice and information in here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport