Longleat vs West Midland Safari Park

Options
Hi all,

Looking for some recommendations as to which might be the better for a couple wanting to visit a Safari Park.

West Midland is the cheaper, but I thought this might be for a reason!
Never been to either so would love to hear your opinions...

Comments

• newmum1
    newmum1 Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi I have not been to longleat but I think the west midlands safari is not very good thats probably why it is the cheapest, however the Woburn one is fantastic we loved it, and i think its much bigger than the west mids one and personally i think you see much more animals as it has the monkey safari drive through also. hope this helps.
  • moneypooh
    moneypooh Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    West Midlands also has the park rides.
    You also get a discount for another visit in the same year and they send you one for the following year.
  • Strapped
    Strapped Posts: 8,158 Forumite
    Options
    I've only been to Longleat, not West Mids but Longleat is really great. I think you can still use the Tesco vouchers there too?
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
  • Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Longleat is very nice. There are some fairground rides for the kids, you can look round the house as well ( I think you have to pay extra for that, but I found it very interesting ).

You can avoid the monkey enclosure if you want. It's great fun to see the monkeys scampering all over the cars, maybe not so much fun when they start ripping wiper blades and window seals off your car !
  • square_bear
    square_bear Posts: 3,865 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Longleat is great, good value for money.

The passport enables you to revisit the site for free during the season.

Your passport gets a hole punched when you use an attraction, so if you want to have another go you have to pay somewhere between 3 - 4 pounds.

To be honest, if you are going for the day you would be hard pushed to complete all of the attractions on the list.

The Adventure Castle is an afternoon out on it's own for the kids.

The Hedge Maze is massive and can take about half an hour to complete, unless you find the secret short cut.;)
  • oramgepekoe
    oramgepekoe Posts: 574 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    At Woburn you can drive round the safari bit more than once which I don't think you can at Longleat.
  • Strapped
    Strapped Posts: 8,158 Forumite
    Options
    If you don't have tiny kids I'm guessing that the Postman Pat village is not that much of an attraction :rotfl: But my kids loved it. (Longleat).
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    At Longleat it's a struggle to see everything in one day, even if you turn up at 10am. But you do get the passport to go back and see the things you've missed.
    The man without a signature.
  • meryll83
    meryll83 Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone, have spotted the 20% code for Longleat as well, so think we'll be going there...
  • argamemnon
    argamemnon Posts: 409 Forumite
    Options
    personally i'd choose Longleat, Found West Midlands Awful to drive around with no order people driving past with kids hanging out there cars, where Longleat you pull over to one side to view the animals not just stop dead in the road, Also i recommend the passport ticket
    great value for money, pay once & covers everything we (2 adults) arrived in the morning 10 ish & left and 4 ish loads to see & do for all ages, i'm sure with kids in tow you could stay even longer by the time you do/see everything, With West Midlands if i remember rightly rides were extra also loads of pester power things for kids ( machines & ride ones )
    Also with longleat you can return within a year for free with your ticket.

Whatever you choose hope you have a lovely day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure