duratech roof windows

has any one had any experience with these windows as i am abt to purchase one thanks

Comments

• has anyone bought and fitted the windows and would they recommend them ...Am about to buy seven!
  • emjay99
    emjay99 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I too am about to buy / considering buying some of these.

What did either of you think of them ?
  • The Duratech windows are made by the same manufacturer as Velux and are exactly the same as one of their older designs.

The advantage is that the newer Velux designs have got much thicker frames so the duratech windows have got more glass for the same size window and don't feel like a porthole.

I got 2 of the centre-pivot windows from JJ Roofing (jjroofingsupplies dot co dot uk) and they were incredibly inexpensive (less than £90 each before VAT)

The guys on the website were very helpful, I ordered the flashing kits to go with the windows and the roofer had no problems at all with the installation.

I got the windows installed about 6 months ago and so far they have been absolutely perfect.

The only thing I'm thinking about doing is getting the blinds that fit the window, but that has to wait until my wife decides what colour I'm going to be painting the room.
  • ds1980
    ds1980 Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    Jj's are only place that do em I think? Mondeo and BMW argument. Both will do a job. Some prefer one over the other. Some perceive that quality is better. I bought velux in the end as its tried and tested but pretty sure you can't go wrong if tight on budget.
  • I think you're right about JJ Roofing and Duratech.

However, this is almost like having a choice between a Jag X-type and a Mondeo; identical chassis, different body :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure