Does anyone know how to contact 18185?

Options
I have tried their supposed email address - [EMAIL="service@18185.co.uk"]service@18185.co.uk[/EMAIL] - twice now and both times there has been a delivery failure. There are no other contact details on their website and they have suspended my account because my cash card was recently swallowed by a broken cash machine and my bank have had to issue a new one whose details are different so 18185 cannot take payment for the £1.56 (!) that I owe them.

I am supposed to be able to amend my card details on their website but there is no way of doing this in my account, it shows the card details but has no 'amend' button of any kind.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 24 February 2011 at 10:16AM
    Options
    The situation is easily resolved. Please see my June 2007 post about how I recovered a 'payment failed' situation for my step daughter.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=5603177&postcount=204

After you have done that, you will have to WAIT (probably for about a week) while the payment is cleared and the account is re-activated.

When you can make calls again, log into your account and change your payment details. I recommend Direct Debit instead of a card but if you must......

I cannot, of course, guarantee that the above details are still correct after 3 years but, for the sake of £1.56, it has to be worth a try.

Please post here again if you are successful.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • CelticStar
    Options
    Heinz wrote: »
    The situation is easily resolved. Please see my June 2007 post about how I recovered a 'payment failed' situation for my step daughter.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=5603177&postcount=204

After you have done that, you will have to WAIT (probably for about a week) while the payment is cleared and the account is re-activated.

When you can make calls again, log into your account and change your payment details. I recommend Direct Debit instead of a card but if you must......

I cannot, of course, guarantee that the above details are still correct after 3 years but, for the sake of £1.56, it has to be worth a try.

Please post here again if you are successful.

Thanks for that. I had already sent a BACS payment but was hoping I could access the account sooner as the payment will presumably take a few days to hit their account and be allocated. I do appreciate your help though.

I will change to direct debit as soon as this is all sorted out as clearly this is very inconvenient and it is not beyond the realms of possibility that something like this could happen again.
  • NFH
    NFH Posts: 4,373 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation in that my payment failed but I don't want to clear the balance because the only outstanding charge is for a call that didn't connect. I dialled a Gibraltar mobile number and all I heard was silence for 2 minutes - no ringing, no voicemail, no network announcement, nothing. I reported this to Finarea/18185 several times using the form on their web site and by e-mail to [EMAIL="service@finarea.ch"]service@finarea.ch[/EMAIL]. I have waited months for a reply but they still haven't refunded the erroneous charge and therefore I still can't use the service. I'm using 1899 and 18866 instead in the meantime. How else can I contact Finarea to prompt them to sort this out?
  • Heinz
    Options
    NFH wrote: »
    I'm in a similar situation in that my payment failed but I don't want to clear the balance because the only outstanding charge is for a call that didn't connect. I dialled a Gibraltar mobile number and all I heard was silence for 2 minutes
    For the sake of 40p or so? You probably save that on one or two calls to UK 01 or 02 numbers.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • NFH
    NFH Posts: 4,373 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Heinz wrote: »
    For the sake of 40p or so? You probably save that on one or two calls to UK 01 or 02 numbers.
    Exactly. For the sake of 40p or so, why can't they refund it? After all, it's their error. And why should I submit new credit card details in order for them to take an incorrect charge regardless of the amount?

This is one of many times Finarea have charged me incorrectly (so it's not about only 40p), and it's time they fixed it and provided adequate customer service.
  • Heinz
    Options
    NFH wrote: »
    And why should I submit new credit card details in order for them to take an incorrect charge regardless of the amount?
    I'd strongly recommend Direct Debit instead anyway (Martin has been advising against allowing CPAs on credit and debit cards since 2004).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure