PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Company "tenant letting check"

Options
garfield33
garfield33 Posts: 304 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
edited 16 February 2011 at 9:23PM in House buying, renting & selling
Does anyone have any experience of this company, either as a landlord/letting agent, or as a tenant (or a guarantor, which is why I am asking). They've sent me quite a form, I'm surprised they don't want to know what colour pants I'm wearing!

(I did run a search on the forum for "tenant letting check" but it brought up about 300 pages on "tenant" "letting" and "check"...)

Comments

• G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you mean these people? (1st one to come up on Bing!)

Never used them. What exactly do you want to know?

The guarantor application is comprehensive looking, yes, but that is the whole point of a guarantor. They need to be someone more 'reliable' and 'credit-worthy' than the tenant, so obviously their credit history, address history, occupation etc is relevant.
  • garfield33
    Options
    That's the one.
    I was just checking that they are kocher and I'm not wandering into a trap! The letting agents are reputable so I'm not too worried, I'm just being thorough :)
  • tbs624
    tbs624 Posts: 10,816 Forumite
    Options
    garfield33 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience of this company, either as a landlord/letting agent, or as a tenant (or a guarantor, which is why I am asking). They've sent me quite a form, I'm surprised they don't want to know what colour pants I'm wearing!
    You may want to read very carefully through that form and ensure that you only fill the asterisked (mandatory) boxes ( whether tenant or guarantor) and you may want to consider striking this one out and signing next to the alteration
    I hereby expressly consent to my personal details, including all recorded details in this application form, and any forwarding address(es) at the determination of any tenancy being passed to the landlord and / or to the utility companies and / or to the local authority.
    Your salary/employment details etc are nothing to do with the utility companies etc.

Also be aware that unless you opt out this company will use your info for marketing of other products to you, both from their own company and from third parties.

The letting ref company comes under Sequence (UK) Limited, an Appointed Representative of Connells Limited, hence all those questions about whether the T is planning to buy a property , has insurance plus info on expiry dates) etc.
  • garfield33
    Options
    I filled out the form very carefully, only filled in the asterisked boxes, signed out of anything possible (like the marketing companies), they then requested an email/fax contact for my manager as their preferred method of communication (even though that hadn't been asterisked), my manager has completed and returned the form...

I emailed Connells to ask them to confirm that I would just be guarantor for the rent (not utilities!), but am awaiting a response.

BUT now they have gone back to the letting agency (Connells) and said that a guarantor needs to be a homeowner, which I am not!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure