gameduell

Options
not sure if I am putting this thread in the correct place.
I have been playing Gameduell as a free player for a while now, and I was pretty good at one of the games there and winning a lot. So 2 weeks ago, late at night after a drink or two I thought why not have a go at the money version!

I deposited £10 at first, and played my favourite game for a few practice goes, then into the money game, I played through £5 and never won once :(
So I decided I would have 1 more try and if I didn't win then I would withdraw what was left of my money! Alas, I lost again so went to withdraw my money, then i found out I had to have more than £10 to withdraw it, and £10 was the minimum deposit amount, so I deposited another £10. Stupid really but I did it anyway. I went through the withdrawl process, all was fine. Then I got an email saying it will take 4 to 6 weeks to receive my money! :eek::eek:

I have since googled about gameduell and found a few things with people saying they have never received there money, or that they were asked for sensitive information (didn't say what) so they could have the funds!

So I was wondering, has anyone here been on this site before, and successfully received there money back?
I'm a bit worried that I may never see it again! :(
(sorry it was so long!! :rotfl: )

Comments

• Freddie_Snowbits
    Options
    Firstly, you cannot claim under DSR.

Secondly, I suppose they can put limits on withdrawals in their t&c's. Also, the checks are carried out on new users. You will get a better response on the gambling section
  • CyCo_2
    CyCo_2 Posts: 288 Forumite
    Options
    I used to play one gameduell (we are going back a couple of years) and I never had any problems receiving money back from them, but it did take a couple of weeks sometimes.

As for the not winning. You do find out that the people who play for money are a VERY different skills level to those who play the free games. At one point I was making a hundred or so pounds a month (mainly playing Professor Mouse and Roll 5) and most of this was by looking for "new" players with money to burn.
  • angelcake
    angelcake Posts: 4,496 Forumite
    Options
    I play this too! I have made £250 wowsers... playing each version of solitaire :o.. it does take forever to get the money out but then its all clearly stated in T&C ... they generally ask for proof of who you are if they suspect fowl play... i.e I got asked becuase my sister had an account (who I referred) and she logged on once through my computer, or this is what I suspect they have asked me for my personal details... i.e proof of address and signature. IT will take a while but I have received a payout (it goes through moneybookers via email so make sure you have an email you can get into)
    :p:p Angel :p:p
  • vikki2k1
    vikki2k1 Posts: 490 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 February 2011 at 1:56PM
    Options
    Firstly, you cannot claim under DSR.

Sorry but what is DSR?
    Thanks for the replies guys, was just worried I wasn't going to get my money back! :o

Edit:
    I'm not getting my money back :( i received an email saying i couldn't have it transferred because I payed by paypal!
    Dear GameDuell customer,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Recently you requested the withdrawal of your prize winnings.

Unfortunately we are unable to grant your request for withdrawal because you
    deposited these funds using one of the following methods of payment: Firstgate,
    Moneybookers or PayPal. A direct withdrawal of funds deposited with these methods
    of payment is not possible.

GameDuell customers can withdraw prize winnings and direct cash deposits.
    Unfortunately your withdrawal request does not fulfill this requirement.

For this reason, we will shortly credit the funds back onto your player account.

Once you have "played-through" (used the money to enter duels) your deposited
    funds at least once then you will be able to withdraw the resulting prize winnings.

You can find more information regarding these measures in our Terms and
    Conditions. I have located the applicable section for you here:
    http://www.gameduell.com/gd/i08.do#3

guess i should just forget it now! put it to a silly mistake!
  • vikki2k1
    Options
    Upon checking through there t&c's i see no reference to paypal deposits or withdrawals.
    I have emailed them back about it but i received almost the same email back from them, telling me to read the t&c's as i am wrong basically!

Im getting so mad! is there nothing I can do??
  • vikki2k1
    Options
    All is well now, I argued my case with them and they have refunded my money to my paypal account! Woo I feel proud for standing up for myself for a change! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure