Santander House of Fraser Mastercard

Options
Even though I have defaults, and not a very high credit score I was amazed that i got accepted for this card. At 24.9% APR - 10% lower than my Capital One card i was very pleased that it also came with 0% on balance transfers for 9 months.

So... got my card 2 days ago, phoned the British call centre to activate it - simple enough.

Phoned customer services - an Indian call centre, went through the automated options - which didn't recognise my account details. Finally spoke to a person who can barely speak English. I wanted to sort out the balance transfer, and she said "oh, you would like to close your account?"

I have phoned them about 4 times and end up hanging up in frustration!

Now i also cannot log into my account online. It just will not do anything. Whenever I click log in the web address at the top stays exactly the same but just with a hash at the end of it. Is anyone else having problems with this, can anyone help?

Comments

• Dr_Cuckoo3
    Dr_Cuckoo3 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Options
    Yes this is perfectly normal for Santander Cards UK Limited

There is a geographic number 0208 181 0000

I am surprised that you were approved for the card though - did you apply instore ?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Dr_Cuckoo3
    Options
    If they have closed your account then the automated telephone system will not recognise your account number

If they have not closed your account then the automated telephone system will randomly not recognise your account number - so phone again and it may recognise your account number , that is my experience

Closed account = system will not recognise your account number - full stop

Open account = system will recognise your account number after a few attempts - first attempt if you are lucky
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • GeenyWeeny
    Options
    Thanks Dr :)

The account definately isn't closed, i only opened it two weeks ago. The phone number you provided - is it for a uk call centre?
  • Dr_Cuckoo3
    Options
    GeenyWeeny wrote: »
    The phone number you provided - is it for a uk call centre?

No - it's in India
  • Dr_Cuckoo3
    Options
    GeenyWeeny wrote: »

The account definately isn't closed, i only opened it two weeks ago.

I reported a card lost and the card number was not recognised by telephone banking very soon after reporting it - my reason for phoning after cancelling it was to check whether a Debenhams online order I placed had been charged to the account - Debenhams website still had my previous address and the order would have gone there

Needless to say the order still went to the pervious addrress and was charged to the account - fortunately the courier sorted it out
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure