No consequential loss compensation on Royal Mail Special Delivery

Options
A warning to users of Royal Mail Special Delivery. I recently used the "Special Delivery". The letter was posted on30/11/2010 at 15.12 hrs and when I checked the tracking code on 10/12/2010 I saw that the delivery had been signed for on 6/12/2010. As it was a financial document and the delay in receipt will have caused monetary loss I was hopeful that I might be able to claim compensation. On contacting customer services I was advised that I could only do this if I had taken out extra cover to insure against consequential loss. They will, however, be sending me a form to claim back the £5.05 I paid for the "Special Delivery". I look forward to recieving this some time this century.
What a truly pathetic service. Snail mail indeed.

Comments

• neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pazuzu wrote: »
    Have you been living in a hole for the past few weeks, you do know what the weather has been like!

If the document was that important why didn't you check that you'd be covered for consequential losses. You get the service you pay for, and even then certain things are outside RMs control.
  • clever_username
    Options
    I look forward to receiving this some time this century.What a truly pathetic service. Snail mail indeed.
    HEAVY SNOW!? SLOWING DOWN MAIL DELIVERIES!?

Whatever next!? :rotfl:
  • clever_username
    Options
    neilmcl wrote: »
    Have you been living in a hole for the past few weeks, you do know what the weather has been like!
    You really to have to shake your head at the complaints some people make on here don't you? :)
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A warning to users of Royal Mail Special Delivery. I recently used the "Special Delivery". The letter was posted on30/11/2010 at 15.12 hrs and when I checked the tracking code on 10/12/2010 I saw that the delivery had been signed for on 6/12/2010. As it was a financial document and the delay in receipt will have caused monetary loss I was hopeful that I might be able to claim compensation. On contacting customer services I was advised that I could only do this if I had taken out extra cover to insure against consequential loss. They will, however, be sending me a form to claim back the £5.05 I paid for the "Special Delivery". I look forward to recieving this some time this century.

so the obvious question.
    why didnt you enquire about consequential loss?
    your thread title is totally wrong.
    perhaps you should amend it to no consequential loss unless you pay for consequential loss cover.
    given the grave nature of the financial loss you could have incurred.so you think RM should have limitless liability for £5.05?
    thniking i should go 3rd party on the car and just complain about not getting fully comp cover
  • bloss0m
    bloss0m Posts: 1,923 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You could always use a courier and pay a hell of a lot more and still not guaranteed given the weather situation
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure