Coming of income support???

Options
Hi am rather confused and in need of advice from someone.....

I am currently on income support and i have a child i dont live with her father but i have found out that i am pregnant again with the father being the same as my previous child..... only i never told income support as i was scared what they would say to me..... other people have scared me..... so im not in a mess im 31 weeks pregnant income support stil dont know and i'm getting back with the father of my children.... but he works full time he suggested i come off income support all together but i dont know if its possible will they ask me hundreds of questions as to why? would i have to sign on JSA? will they find it odd if i sign off income support all together? im scared that they will think something else.....

things like this make me a paranoid person and i always think the worst..... i never told them im pregnant purely because i thought they would say that im with the father or something.... and i dont understand all these benefits etc.....

please advise

thanks in advance.

Comments

• aimee0763
    aimee0763 Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    sumi_2010 wrote: »

I am currently on income support and i have a child i dont live with her father but i have found out that i am pregnant again with the father being the same as my previous child..... only i never told income support as i was scared what they would say to me..... other people have scared me..... so im not in a mess im 31 weeks pregnant income support stil dont know and i'm getting back with the father of my children.... but he works full time he suggested i come off income support all together but i dont know if its possible will they ask me hundreds of questions as to why? would i have to sign on JSA? will they find it odd if i sign off income support all together? im scared that they will think something else.....

The dwp will ask you why you are coming off and you just tell them of your present circumstances why you are coming off benefit you shouldn't have any problem with the dwp I don't think you can claim JSA whilst you are living with someone if your child father is going to live with you. Why are you scared to tell the dwp about your pregnancy being on benefit doesn't stop you having a life altogether and women do get pregnant just ring dwp and tell them of your circumstances changed is not all doom and gloom.
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You may not be able to claim JSA if you haven't paid enough national insurance in the last 2 tax years and the childs' father works more than 24 hours per week.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Options
    I am sitting on my hands so hard that I am cutting off the circulation!
  • bestpud
    bestpud Posts: 11,048 Forumite
    Options
    Why are you worried about them asking questions?

Surely he has been living elsewhere all this time, with his name on the other household bills and the electoral roll etc?

And you've paid all your bills from your benefit and they are all in your name?

I imagine he has also paid you child maintenance given you are on good terms?

If they do ask questions (I can't imagine why they would unless they have reason to be suspicious), prove otherwise - simples!

If everything is above board, it will all be fine whatever the outcome.
  • bestpud
    Options
    I am sitting on my hands so hard that I am cutting off the circulation!

:naughty:.....................................

:p
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Options
    bestpud wrote: »
    :naughty:.....................................

:p

Just because you're on a yellow!:p
  • bestpud
    Options
    Just because you're on a yellow!:p

Hehe! That had nothing to do with it! :A
  • KeaneFan10
    KeaneFan10 Posts: 203 Forumite
    Options
    sumi_2010 wrote: »

I am currently on income support and i have a child i dont live with her father but i have found out that i am pregnant again with the father being the same as my previous child.So your worried they will presume you have been in a relationship or sometime and even think you were living as a family since he is the dad to your unborn baby and other child? Am i right .... only i never told income support as i was scared what they would say to me..... other people have scared me..... so im not in a mess im 31 weeks pregnant income support stil dont know and i'm getting back with the father of my children.... but he works full time he suggested i come off income support all together but i dont know if its possible will they ask me hundreds of questions as to why?Decide now before you get deeper in to this situation to have two children with the same man of course there isn't anything wrong in that but may look 'odd' since you have claimed as to being a single Mum.. would i have to sign on JSA? will they find it odd if i sign off income support all together? im scared that they will think something else.....

things like this make me a paranoid person and i always think the worst..... i never told them im pregnant purely because i thought they would say that im with the father or something.... and i dont understand all these benefits etc.....

please advise

thanks in advance.
    I have been in so much mess with Income support and had to pay back a lot of money to them, sort yourself before you have the added stress of a newborn baby
    :AAutism isn't the end of the world just a journey to another one:A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport