Zurich Vista Plan

Options
I am after some advise.

I took out a Vista policy with Zurich International a few years a go for the term of 25 years. I was told that I could not change the payments or make any withdrawals in the first 18 months and after this period I can change payments, make withdrawals etc...but was never made aware of the fact that I would not be able to close the policy or withdraw the whole amount.

I have been told that to surrender the policy and take my funds I would have to pay the penalty of £26000 and only get back about £6-7000 of my money back.

Is there anything I can do with this policy... is there a way out without having to forfeit my money?

Comments

• cheerfulcat
    cheerfulcat Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 July 2010 at 6:51AM
    Options
    Hello, fds,
    fds333 wrote: »

I took out a Vista policy with Zurich International a few years a go for the term of 25 years.

Why? It looks a horribly expensive product - what was the reason for purchasing it?
    I was told that I could not change the payments or make any withdrawals in the first 18 months and after this period I can change payments, make withdrawals etc...but was never made aware of the fact that I would not be able to close the policy or withdraw the whole amount.
    It's all there in the policy documents...did you not have sight of these before signing up? Here's a link.
    I have been told that to surrender the policy and take my funds I would have to pay the penalty of £26000 and only get back about £6-7000 of my money back.
    Again, this would have been made clear in the illustration you were ( or should have been ) given at the start. Are you sure about those figures though? That really does look horrendous. ( ETA - it looks as though your first 18 months' worth of payments go entirely toward paying charges...)
    Is there anything I can do with this policy... is there a way out without having to forfeit my money?
    I doubt it, unless there is a question of mis-selling.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure