Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    mannaroth
    Glide Utilities - Cheap or Not?
    • 26th Jun 10, 12:42 PM
    Glide Utilities - Cheap or Not? 26th Jun 10 at 12:42 PM
    Hi there,

I'm a student moving into my second year accommodation on the 1st of a July, its a one bedroom property that i'll be living in with my girlfriend. Obviously I want to try and get everything sorted before we get there so im starting to worry a bit about electricity and other utilities.

I've been looking at Glide as an energy supplier - they say they can provide us Gas, Electricity and Water for 15.50 per person per week. Now the gas and electricity is based on useage, but when I rang them up to ask about pricing they said that 90% of students with them ended up getting a refund at the end of the year.

I want to know if this is going to work out cheaper than just sticking with a standard energy provider. I use my computer quite excessively (its on around 16-18 hours a day, has a 550 watt power supply so probably uses about 350 watts on average), so im worried it will end up costing me more if I go with a standard electricity tariff. I figured that glide must be making their money by purchasing energy in bulk discounted and selling it on.

I'll be living in the Leeds area if that helps.

Any insight would be appreciated!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

167Posts Today

1,700Users online

Martin's Twitter